29th March 2019, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

What should I study for my graduation to become a District Collector?

I'm from Mysore and recently completed my 2nd PUC (Intermediate). I want to become a District Collector so what should I study now for my graduation which will help me in future to become a District Collector?

1st April 2019, 10:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study for my graduation to become a District Collector?

To be a district collector a candidate must be graduate in any discipline from a recognised University and the candidate has to clear the State Public Service Commission exam of that state.
Minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum is 30 years for general category candidates where as relaxation is given to SC / ST / OBC / PH candidates.
2nd April 2019, 03:22 AM
Warrior6782
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I study for my graduation to become a District Collector?

Hi,
There is no particular graduation which is required for becoming a district collector. The essential educational qualification you need to become a district collector is a graduate degree in any stream.
If you aspire to become a district collector then after graduating in any field you are required to apply for "Indian Administrative Services (IAS)" which is conducted by union public service commission (UPSC) every year.
That exam has three parts:-
1)preliminary examination
2)mains examination
3)personal interview
And yeah one of the main thing your age should be atleast 21 years old to apply for this job.

Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?