13th January 2018, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

What should I study after my 12th to become a District Collector?

I want to become a District Collector. I passed my 10th with 79% and I chosen Maths as one of my major subject for my 12th. What should I study for my Graduation so it will become easy to appear for Collector exams?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after completing Intermediate to become a District Collector? Which exam is conducted to become a District Collector?
  2. How to become a District Collector? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to become a District Collector? Complete procedure of it?
  4. What qualification is required and entrance exams needs to be taken in order to become a District Collector?
  5. What is the procedure to become a district collector? Books to be preferred?
  6. Detailed information about district collector?
  7. Detail information about district collector? Which exam to clear to become a district collector?
  8. What should I do to become a District Collector?
  9. How can I become a District Collector after completing M.Com in Banking and Insurance? What steps should I follow to become a District Collector?
  10. Which exam is need to be attended to become a District Collector? List all books for preparation?
  11. What are the educational, physical and other entrance exams requirements for applying to IAS or District Collector exams? -- [New]
  12. Which are the best subjects for the preparation of a district collector?
  13. Which exam to clear in order to become a District collector?
  14. How to become a district collector after 12th? What is the qualification needed?
  15. How could I become a district collector after passing B.Tech Mechanical? What are the qualifications for the same? What type of knowledge and which books are to be referred?
  16. Which post will I get after qualifying the entrance exam of IAS?
  17. How to become a district collector after completing BCA
  18. How to become a district collector after completing BCA
15th January 2018, 08:40 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after my 12th to become a District Collector?

District Collector is an Indian Administrative Services officer. IAS officer after certain years of experience become collector. The recruitment to IAS is done through Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any stream can apply for this examination. The age limit for exam is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can choose any stream of your choice to become eligible for this examination. Stream selected should be as per your interest.
15th January 2018, 09:00 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any discipline of your choice in bachelor's degree to apply for Civil Services exam in final year of bachelor's degree and become eligible to join Indian Administrative Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized stream.

2. Age criteria is 21-32 years.

Stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Mains exam.

Personal interview.
15th January 2018, 03:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can study bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice to become eligible for Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is held every year for different government services examination.

*If you like mathematics then you can pursue bachelor's degree in mathematics and also take mathematics as optional in UPSC Mains exam.

*Minimum age required for exam is 21 years.

Always choose subjects in which you are interested.
15th January 2018, 04:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become District Collector you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The required qualification to appear in Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

There is no single choice of optional paper for candidates as candidates with different stream qualify in examination every year.

But, according to my opinion it will better to pursue bachelor degree in arts which will be helpful for in GS paper.

For syllabus and other information regarding examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2018, 04:45 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

The District Collector is a Bureaucrat of the Indian Administrative Service.

The students who aspire to become District Collector are required to write the Civil Services Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Students who are appearing in this examination are required to be permanent residents of India.

Their age must be 21 years when they apply.

The minimum qualification required for the candidates to apply is a graduate degree from any discipline.

According to me, you have to take Arts stream in Graduation. Subject depend up on your taste. Because Arts stream is easier than Science and Commerce. And you can also prepare for UPSC examination along with your graduation.
15th January 2018, 05:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

District college is a Civil Servant who has cleared all stages of Civil Services examination and has joined Indian Administrative Services. IAS officer with certain years of experience are selected as district collector.

The minimum academic qualification required for examination is bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree passed or appearing in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services examination. Candidates can choose any subject of their interest in bachelor's degree. The minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.
15th January 2018, 06:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To become a district collector you have to clear UPSC examination.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university in any stream.
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
15th January 2018, 06:28 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Civil Services examination from any stream in bachelor's degree.

Aspirants of bachelor's degree in any stream can apply for Civil Services examination.

You should study any stream according to your choice.

The age criteria is 21-32 years.
16th January 2018, 03:30 PM
Ramabai L

-> IAS Candidate wants to complete their degree from an approved university.
-> Candidate should be a citizen of India/Bhutan/Nepal or Tibet.
-> Wants to apply for the Civil Service Aptitude Test conducted by UPSC.
-> Wants to qualify CSAT, who passed in the first level is eligible to write the Main exam'
-> In the Main exam also the same only qualified candidates are allowed to next level.
-> The Final one is Interview.

Required skills

-> Good Leadership.
-> Administrative skill.
-> Quick decision making.
-> Good at solving Law and order issues.
-> Good Interpersonal & Communication skill.

-> Required age 21 to 30 for General category, for OBC 35, for SC/ST 37 to the candidates.

Thank You.
17th January 2018, 03:25 PM
chikkykranthi619

You got good percentage in your 10th class and keep the same momentum in your graduation also and simultaneously prepare for the civil services examination which is the exam you need to crack for becoming a district collector.
This exam is conducted by union public service commission in 3 stages.
1st is preliminary stage then main's and finally personal interview.
If you clear all these stage's then you can become a district collector.
17th January 2018, 10:26 PM
randhirk.rk

To become District Collector, you have to apply for the UPSC civil services exams.
This exams is conducted for selection of posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc

This exam is conducted in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interviews

Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of attempts:
6 attempts for general candidates
9 attempts for OBC candidates
No restriction for SC/ST candidates
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?