8th July 2019, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

What should be the minimum education to become an English Lecturer in universities?

I want to be a English Lecturer in universities. Now I'm doing my B.Sc in CBZ. So, what should I do after completing my graduation? Should I do MA in English? Will that be enough? Or, I will have to study for any other degrees as well?

10th July 2019, 03:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum education to become an English Lecturer in universities?

Master degree is the minimum required qualification to become lecturer.

To become eligible to appear for the NET or SET the required eligibility is that :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

No age limit to appear for the examination.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate to appear for the examination.
10th July 2019, 04:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be the minimum education to become an English Lecturer in universities?

Yes, you will have to pursue the M.A in English to become eligible for recruitment as lecturer.

The required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

No, age limit for the final selection as lecturer.

So, you will be eligible for the recruitment after the master degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?