11th October 2018, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

What should be minimum percentage in each Science subject in 12th to get admission in BDS?

I completed my Higher Secondary from Science stream and my marks are as follows: 43 in Chemistry, 45 in Physics and 50 in Biology. Based on this marks can I get admission in colleges for Bachelor of Dental Surgeon course?

15th October 2018, 08:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in each Science subject in 12th to get admission in BDS?

NEET is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS course. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB. There is relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination. NEET is conducted by NTA.
15th October 2018, 08:28 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in each Science subject in 12th to get admission in BDS?

BDS refers to Bachelor of Dental Science and to pursue the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% aggregate in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your Class 12th by securing 43 marks in Chemistry, 45 marks in Physics, and 50 marks in Biology i.e; 46% aggregate in PCB group subjects, you are eligible to pursue BDS degree course only if you belong to reserved category otherwise you need to first appear in Class 12th improvement examination to improve your marks in Class 12th to become eligible for pursuing BDS degree course.

Further, for getting admission in BDS degree course across any medical college of India, you need to qualify NEET i.e; National Eligibility cum Entrance Test held by NTA once every year. For more details and updates regarding the NEET, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in.
15th October 2018, 08:37 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and you have to appear and qualify in the examination for admission in the BDS course.

The minimum eligibility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% in PCB.

Candidates appearing for 12th board examination are also eligible to appear in the examination.

There is 5% relaxation for reserved category candidates. So, if you belong to the reserved category then you are eligible to appear in the examination.
15th October 2018, 08:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BDS is Bachelor in Dental Surgery for admission you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination which will be conducted by NTA from 2019.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% in PCB. For reserved category the required aggregate is 45%.

So, if you are from general category then you are not eligible to appear in the examination.
15th October 2018, 09:09 PM
srkallinone

It's very less chances to get admission to BDS course with these marks at (10+2) level.

BDS Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from a recognized university.
- You are required to appear the entrance exam NEET.

Top Institutes Offering BDS Course
- University of Mumbai
- University of Delhi
- Manipal University
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth University
- Goa University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
15th October 2018, 09:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage to appear for NEET is 50% in Physcics, Chemistry and Biology while reserved category candidates are eligible to appear in examination with only 45%.

Candidates have to qualify in the entrance examination for admission in government or private colleges in BDS course.

So, as per your aggregate in PCB you are eligible to appear in NEET if you belong to reserved category.
18th October 2018, 03:46 PM
Barishh

Yes, you can get admission in dental college. All you need is to do grand total of all the subjects, take out percentage.
Then look for the college you want to pursue your course in, check their eligibility criteria.
You can attempt NEET for admission to this course but your percentage in the boards should be higher as it gets equal weightage.
Hope it helps.
30th June 2019, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I have got 44 in english 59 in chemistry 61 in physics and 58 in biology can i try for NEET exam
10th October 2020, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I have got in biology 43 , physics 51 and chemistry 52 . Category - SC. Can I get admission in. BDS.
15th June 2022, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I have 49% in pcb sand I am in general/ open category so can I get admission in bds college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?