23rd March 2017, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

What steps should I follow to get admission in IIT colleges? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue my education from IIT Colleges so I want to know what steps should I follow to get admission in IIT colleges? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission? How can I prepare for the exams? Please answer as soon as possible.

24th March 2017, 11:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to get admission in IIT colleges? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is the premier institute of India for technical courses.

To get the admission in various courses candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination :-

B.Tech - JEE.

M.Tech - GATE.

M.Sc - IIT JAM.

So, as per your qualification appear for examination for final admission.
25th March 2017, 04:32 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to get admission in IIT colleges? Do I need to write any entrance exam for admission?

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and are known for providing quality education in various undergraduate and postgraduate technical degree courses.

As far as you are concerned about the need of appearing in entrance examination for admission in IITs then yes definitely you are required to appear in different entrance examination depending upon the course which you want to pursue which are as discussed below :-

i) If you are interested in pursuing B.tech or B.Arch degree course then for that you need to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE. For details about same you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.

ii) If you are interested in pursuing M.Sc ( Master of Science ) degree from IITs then for that you need to qualify JAM ( Joint Admission Test of M.Sc ) held by different IITs following a rotation policy.

iii) If you want to pursue M.Tech ( Master of Technology ) degree then for that you need to qualify GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ) which too is held once every year by IITs.

For details about the eligibility criteria of these examinations you can refer to their respective entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?