24th July 2011, 11:16 PM
sunnynain

What is the syllabus of various PSU's? Date and previous years papers?

hi sir.i am sunny,a psu aspirant.sir.i would like to know about the various psu's exam syllabi, date and the previous year question paper.plz send me regarding content as soon as possible.

13th August 2015, 01:07 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the syllabus of various PSU's? Date and previous years papers?

There are many PSU's for engineering students and most of them recruit though GATE because it is a prestigious exam and they get quality candidates from that.
A list of such PSU's are-
- NTPC
- HPCl
- Mazagon Dock Ltd
- IOCL
- BPCL
- GAIL
- NFL
- Vizag Steel
- NPCC
- MEL
- CEL

But you need to know that for recruitment in the PSU's you need to have rank at least below 1000 in the GATE exam. So, opportunities are many, you just need to tighten your seat belt and get ready for the exam.

Regarding the date, that cannot be told because it is not fixed for every year.
But for an idea, all the PSU's nearly issue their notification from the month of January to June. So, you need to be tuned to internet yourself.

Regarding he syllabus, since these recruit through the GATE exam so you can consult the GATE syllabus. if you had mentioned your stream i would myself have provided you the syllabus, but since the branch is not mentioned in the query so you have to check the syllabus yourself from the IISC Bangalore's GATE website which is conducting the GATE exam next year.

www.gate.iisc.ernet.in/
17th August 2015, 08:19 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the syllabus of various PSU's? Date and previous years papers?

Hello Friend..

It's nice that you are preparing for PSU's job.. As you want to know the exam syllabus and dates of PSU's exam:

Exam syllabus
--the syllabus of almost all the PSU are same i.e core engineering discipline..
--every time PSU's asked basic questions to check whether your basic concepts are clear or not..
--so try to grasp or improve your basic concepts..

Exam dates:
Regarding to the PSU dates, it depends upon PSU's when they call for application form.. But in general PSU's form come in October- November and exam held in February.. But its better to regularly visit to the PSU website regulary for this information..

Previous year paper
The previous year paper is easily downloaded through internet or you can go through the question paper which i am providing to you..

All the best..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EC-2013.pdf(628.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: pdf EC-2012.pdf(616.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf EC-2010.pdf(622.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: pdf EC-2009.pdf(579.1 KB, 29 views)
27th September 2015, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Please provide previous years question papers of security posts in gail
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?