22nd August 2011, 07:07 AM
kgorain49

What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?

i m preparing myself for gate exam. i study hard for the same. but i dn't knw the topics and types of question frm each topic where i should stress more. and fr me remembering all the things is not possible... i m in 5th sem.. but we have finished all the topics of gate exam except network theory.. wt should i do? my branch is ECE.

22nd August 2011, 11:07 AM
jain4u

Default Re: What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?

From which stream do you belong??
Questions are objective type and simply attack on the basics..
i would tell more if i get to know about the stream..
Best Wishes..
22nd August 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?

Pls let me know the syllubus of PGCET M.Tech of Karnatak
22nd August 2011, 07:03 PM
arns.iem

objective type question but need to study v v hard....
6th September 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there eligibility for pre final year students
19th September 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

what subjects are preparing
21st October 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in b-tech 4th yr .how we plan for study of gate 2012
30th October 2011, 09:47 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello friend !!!

Yes you can appear for GATE Examination after the B'tech completion either by regular or part time , it doesn't matter .

The GATE stands for -- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

GATE is an all India test. The test is carried out jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology for admission to Masters in Technology (M.Tech) post graduate program.

Eligibility Criteria :

The following categories of applicants are qualified to appear for GATE :

>>Candidate in second year or more than from it in the Integrated Master’s degree course (i.e Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology .
>>Candidates with eligibilities got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
>>Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application or applicants who are in the last year of these courses
& The Students who are pursuing the last year of any of these courses are also eligible .
>>The applicants who finish B.E/ B.Tech/B.Arch course are also applicable .
>>Those who are in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree course and Dual Degree course in Engineering/Technology

Since there's not mentioned that B'tech must be done in Regular course , so the candidates completed B'tech in part time also applicable .
So you are positively eligible for appearing the GATE Examination .

The GATE exam carried out in the month of February.
The results come out by March mid week.
The GATE test duration is 3 hours. There are 65 questions with a maximum of 100 marks.

All the Best !!!
30th October 2011, 09:51 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Hello friend !!!

Yes you can appear for GATE Examination after the B'tech completion either by regular or part time , it doesn't matter .

GATE is an all India test. The test is carried out jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology for admission to Masters in Technology (M.Tech) post graduate program.

Eligibility Criteria :

>>Candidate in second year or more than from it in the Integrated Master’s degree course (i.e Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology .
>>Candidates with eligibilities got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
>>Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application or applicants who are in the last year of these courses
& The Students who are pursuing the last year of any of these courses are also eligible .
>>Those who are in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree course and Dual Degree course in Engineering/Technology

Since there's not mentioned that B'tech must be done in Regular course , so the candidates completed B'tech in part time also applicable .

The GATE test duration is 3 hours. There are 65 questions with a maximum of 100 marks.

All the Best !!!
28th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

what type of questions are going to be asked from ece
29th January 2012, 12:20 PM
mani_baban

Hello friend !!!

Eligibility Criteria :

All the Best !!!
3rd February 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the important topics that are to be covered for gate for eee stream?
5th March 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I have done BE mechanical.
would like to know how NID can help me.

Pretty Acharya.
5th March 2012, 09:17 PM
tudi.swethna

Smile Re: What topics to prepare for GATE Exam? Type of Questions asked in GATE Exam?

hai buddy..
well i am from ECE only. Topics are nothings he will ask only core subjects. networking, vlsi, eca, edc and some from mm also.. just practice parctice..
all the best..
11th March 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

i am in 2nd year. my branch is CS.. and i wanna prepare for gate. so kindly tell me the syllabus or topics.and the type of questions.
30th April 2012, 12:12 PM
onest

Eligibility Criteria :
Candidate in second year or more than from it in the Integrated Master’s degree course (i.e Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology .
Candidates with eligibilities got through tests carried out by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
Post graduates in Science/statistics/maths/computer application or applicants who are in the last year of these courses
5th June 2012, 01:45 AM
mnbgvs

some parameters on which you can decide whether you should go for a particular coaching institute, use a particular coaching material, or tests:

1.Material Collection

Syllabus : All the relevant books based on the subject(Divide the books in two groups - (1)Fundamental and basic concepts
(2) Problem oriented
Some books helpful for pre-requisite knowledge on the subject
Some good guide books for GATE
Previous questions papers

2.Keep contact with some expert and GATE experienced persons

3.Study - Syllabus and Previous questions papers

4.Start from the first chapter
read at least 5 books, it will widen your knowledge(if necessary consult with the books for pre-requisite knowledge or with some expert)

Note down the probable concepts(definitions, unit, dimension etc.)

Note down necessary theories, formulae etc

Solve problems as maximum as possible(from text books, Guide books etc)

Think about various tricks in solving problems(if necessary, note it)

Go for series of self tests based on this chapter(take other's help to conduct tests)

Continue the self tests until getting a very good score

5.Solve more and more problems, discover more and more new tricks…

6.Follow the same procedure for the rest chapters

7.Finally, go for self tests based on whole syllabus(take other's help to conduct these tests)

8.Well, So...... on the exam day…you will be at your best.

"Genuine success comes only to those who are ready for it."
Good Luck

26th October 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

in which subjects we must have a grip for gate purpose?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?