24th August 2020, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Whether Arts background candidates are eligible to join Army or Navy or Air Force or not?

Hi, I have completed my 12th from Arts stream followed by BA in English. I wish to join any of the 3 wings of Indian Defence i.e., either Army or Navy or Air Force. Am I eligible for any of these at any Officer ranking post? How can I apply? Any entrance requirement?

26th August 2020, 12:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Arts background candidates are eligible to join Army or Navy or Air Force or not?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of bachelor degree course.

The examination is conducted in two stages - Written and SSB.

You will become eligible for selection after qualifying in both stages of examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th August 2020, 12:47 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether Arts background candidates are eligible to join Army or Navy or Air Force or not?

Yes, you are eligible to join Army only with Arts stream.
After 12th you are eligible to become an Army officer with NDA examination.
You have clear both paper of NDA examination.

After graduation from any stream you are eligible to join Army as a officer through CDS examination.

For both examination you apply by visiting uppsc.nic.in
27th August 2020, 01:41 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

To serve the nation and to be a part of defense field,you need to apply and crack the entrance exam.
Aspirants get the opportunity to join the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard through the defence exams in India such as
-CDS(graduation/post graduation),
-NDA (after 12th),
-AFCAT and Indian Coast Guard,
-Territorial Army,Technical Entry Scheme (TES) 10+2,
-Technical Graduates Course (TGC),
-Short Service Commission (Technical) Entry,
-NCC (Special Entry Scheme),
-Judge Advocate General Entry,
-Army Cadet College (ACC) Entry,
-Special Commissioned Officers (SCO) Scheme,
-Permanent Commission (Special List) (PC SL).

##After clearing medical test , selected candidates would be send for rigorous training,once training is one,you will working in defence field as an officer.
#Do update yourself for more notification from the official website..
27th August 2020, 06:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having opted for Arts stream for your Class 12th and Graduation degree course, you are eligible to join only Indian Army as an Commissioned Officer as for Officer's entry in other two wings of Indian defence services i.e; Indian Navy and Indian Airforce, Mathematics and Physics at Class 12th level is must.

Further, being a graduate, to join Indian Army as a officer, you need to qualify CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination and join its IMA (Indian Military Academy) or OTA (Officer's Training Academy) wings.

Also, for appearing in the same examination, to join either of the two wings, the minimum qualifications required are as below :-

** You must hold the nationality of Indian.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 24 years for IMA wing while it should lie within 20 years to 25 years in case of OTA wing.

* You must have completed your degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service.

For complete details and updates regarding CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?