21st January 2018, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Whether graduation degree obtained by Open Universities are accepted to be eligible to write IPS exam or not?

I had completed Secondary School Leaving Certificate SSLC and now I am doing Graduation from Tamil Nadu Open University. If I studied in open university will my graduate degree be accepted to be eligible to write Indian Police Service exam?

23rd January 2018, 11:00 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Whether graduation degree obtained by Open Universities are accepted to be eligible to write IPS exam or not?

Yes, you are eligible to write exam for the post of IPS which comes under the ambit of Civil Services Examination.

Eligibility Criteria :

- One must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university in any mode distance or regular.

- One must be between 21 years and 32 years in age before applying CSE. However, there is relaxation in age 3 years for OBC students and 5 years for SC/ST.

- Examination will be of 3 stages i.e Prelims, Mains and Interview.
23rd January 2018, 06:50 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether graduation degree obtained by Open Universities are accepted to be eligible to write IPS exam or not?

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with any discipline from a recognised university in either distance or regular mode.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you can prepare for entrance examination and qualify in it for final recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

For more detail regarding syllabus and eligibility criteria for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd January 2018, 07:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that the official name of IPS ( Indian Police Service ) examination is Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as hereunder:-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized open or regular university.

Now as far as you are concerned about the validity of your bachelor degree course pursued from Tamil Nadu Open University then I would like to let you know that your degree is certainly valid for appearing in Civil Services examination as the same university holds the affiliation of UGC.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd January 2018, 11:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates possess a bachelor degree from an open university are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

So, you must concentrate on your preparation for the examination. The examination is among the toughest examination so you have to do better preparation to qualify in all stages.

For more detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?