25th April 2018, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Whether Mathematics is compulsory for doing Hotel Management at graduate level?

I want to pursue Hotel Management for my graduation after my 12th board exam. I don't have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Will I be eligible to Hotel Management without Mathematics?

15th May 2018, 02:06 AM
perthc

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is compulsory for doing Hotel Management at graduate level?

Hi,

Mathematics is not compulsory for doing Hotel Management at graduate level.

==>The knowledge of English is very important in hotel industry and English is also a compulsory required subject as per qualification required for entrance exam.

==>The medium of entrance exam(Hotel Management) may be either English or Hindi.

==>Questions of entrance exam is Multiple choice questions in subject of English, General Science, General Knowledge, Reasoning.

==>If you have cleared 12th standard examinations,you are eligible to apply for this course. Minimum marks criteria exists in case of many Institutes.

==>There is no particular that you have to be in Science stream in order to apply for Hotel management course.Any stream whether Science,Commerce or Arts can apply for this course.
15th May 2018, 06:40 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is compulsory for doing Hotel Management at graduate level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to pursue Hotel Management for my graduation after my 12th board exam. I don't have Mathematics in my Higher Secondary. Will I be eligible to Hotel Management without Mathematics?
No, there is no need of having Mathematics in your 10+2 certificate, if you want to a Hotel Management course. To pursue a course in Hotel Management on graduate level, you just need to pass 10+2 and qualify the entrance test conducted for the same.

A student either from Maths or Biology background can apply for the hotel management course and after successfully clearing the exam, he/she will be alloted college of his/her choice as per the availability of seats on his/her rank.
15th May 2018, 07:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th to get admission in hotel management course.

The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from a recognized board.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in the course.
15th May 2018, 08:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to get admission in undergraduate hotel management course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board.

The required aggregate and age limit to get admission varies with entrance examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination without having mathematics as main paper.
20th May 2018, 12:42 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No, there is no need to have Mathematics in 12th , for doing Hotel Management at graduation level.

Eligibility for Hotel management
Candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from any recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?