29th January 2018, 08:29 PM
GL Sharma

Whether NET is compulsory for PhD or not and can I do PhD from distance?

I am holding degrees of M.Com with 69%, LLB with 67% and Fellow CS. My age is 62 years. Please advise :
a. Can I do PhD in Commerce or Law subjects?
b. Is NET compulsory?
c. Distance course is available?
d. Duration of course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  2. Is it compulsory to write the entrance exam for PhD in distance? Where to apply for it?
  3. How to do Ph.D after completing M.Tech? What is the procedure to do Ph.D in IISc
  4. Is it compulsory to appear in UGC-NET for doing PhD in Computer Science for MCA postgraduate?
  5. List of Distance universities which offer PhD in Tourism
  6. How to apply for distance PhD next year if missed this year?
  7. Can I apply in UGC-NET to get stipend if studying PhD from Distance University? -- [New]
  8. Can I go for B.A in psychology distance education and then proceed with M.A and PhD? PhD also comes with distance education?
  9. Is NET mandatory for PhD? Which books to refer for NET? Best university for PhD in Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I do PhD now if did M.Sc 7 years back? Process to do PhD without cracking UGC or CSIT NET?
  11. List of distance universities offering PhD in Painting
  12. Can I do M.A. in Sociology by distance education being an M.Sc degree holder? Would it make a difference if I do M.A. along with my Science PhD?
  13. Is it necessary to do M.Phil before PhD for MSW in distance? List of universities offering PhD in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Duration of PhD course? Doing M.Phil before PhD will effect the duration of PhD?
  15. Whether having B.Ed is compulsory for PhD degree holder in order to teach in schools?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode?
  17. Possibilities of doing Ph.D. in Hybrid field in India?
  18. List of Distance universities which offer PhD in Economics?

31st March 2018, 07:11 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whether NET is compulsory for PhD or not and can I do PhD from distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Sharma View Post
I am holding degrees of M.Com with 69%, LLB with 67% and Fellow CS. My age is 62 years. Please advise :
a. Can I do PhD in Commerce or Law subjects?
b. Is NET compulsory?
c. Distance course is available?
d. Duration of course?
No, its not necessary. A PhD degree will be considered in place of NET as qualification for lectureship.

Yes, distance is course is available. The duration of the course will be for two years. The admission to the course is done on the basis of entrance examination or M.Phil qualification is considered.

Following are the list of top distance universities in India :

- IGNOU

- Yahwantarao chavan Maharashtra Open university

- D R B.R Ambedkar Open University

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?