4th July 2020, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Who all are eligible to apply and write the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT)?

Hi, presently I am in my 12th and will be writing my 12th Board exams in the upcoming session. So, will I be allowed to apply and appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT)? Please, confirm so that I may start IAT preparation from now only.

6th July 2020, 10:03 AM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Who all are eligible to apply and write the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT)?

Yes , you are eligible to apply and write test.
You can apply by these channel
1)Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
2)Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
3)State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
6th July 2020, 07:09 PM
Edu_tech

Default Re: Who all are eligible to apply and write the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT)?

Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(IISER) conduct IISER Aptitude Test(IAT) once in a year for admissions to 5-year integrated BS-MS Degree programmes of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and 4-year BS programmes at IISER Bhopal. Students who want to apply through SCB channel have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which is a computer based test (CBT) and consist of 3 hour multiple choice paper having 60 questions.
IISER invites admissions through the following three channels:-
  • Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
  • Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
  • State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)

Eligibility criteria
  • Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with Science stream from a recognized board.
  • Cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is applicable according to the provided table released on the official website.
  • Nationality
:
Indian National, PIO & OCI candidates are eligible to apply.

So, if you will complete your intermediate in the year 2021, then you can start your preparation to crack the IAT but you will be eligible to apply in IAT in march/April 2021 when they will release application for 2021 session.

To check the eligibility for three channels individually, cut off for intermediate exam's marks according to the different boards and more details, please visit the official website of IISER:- http://www.iiseradmission.in/index.p...es/eligibility
6th July 2020, 08:21 PM
amandababy

Yes you can appear for the exam after completing your 12th or equivalent level exam in science stream. there are mainly three channels KVPY,JEE and SCB respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?