23rd December 2018, 07:44 PM
AmeeDpanchal

Will I be able to write the District Collector exam being a Computer Engineer candidate?

I have completed my B.Tech in Computer Engineering. With this will I be allowed to write the District Collector exam? If yes, then please brief me about the entrance exam?

31st December 2018, 06:23 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to write the District Collector exam being a Computer Engineer candidate?

Indian Administrative Services after certain years of service become District collector. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services exam for IAS, IPS etc.

The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Computer Science engineering candidates can apply for this exam. The minimum age to apply for exam is 21 years.
31st December 2018, 12:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to write the District Collector exam being a Computer Engineer candidate?

To become District Collector you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

The minimum required qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and you will become eligible for recruitment after selection in all the stages.
31st December 2018, 03:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as I.A.S ( Collector ) etc. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

It is conducted in three stages and candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination but have to qualify in the stages for final selection.
3rd January 2019, 02:26 PM
Meg24

Hello,
To become a district collector,you need to appear for the civil service examination conducted by UpSC annually.
The only eligiblity criteria needed for the exam is a graduation degree from a recognised Indian University.
So being a computer graduate you are eligible to apply for the same .
Hope you are aware that the exam is divided into three levels with the first one being only qualifying in nature.
The next level is Mains -subjective part
Finally you have interview.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?