26th April 2012, 09:56 AM
belkh

Will I be eligible to give NET Exam in English having done MA in Linguistics?

i'v done my ma in linguistics. will i be eligible to give net in english ?

26th April 2012, 07:42 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Will I be eligible to give NET Exam in English having done MA in Linguistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkh View Post
i'v done my ma in linguistics. will i be eligible to give net in english ?

Eligibility Criterion For NET English

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted every year in the months of June and December by the UGC (University Grants Commission)..

You can appear for the NET exam only if you satisfy the following minimum conditions :-

1) The candidate must be within the age limit of 28 years if applying for the Junior Research Fellowship..but there is no upper age restriction for the lectureship..

2) The candidate must also have completed his post graduation in any subject from a recognized University with at least 55% without rounding off..

In case you belong to any of the reserved categories then you must have secured at least 50% without rounding off in your subject in your post graduation..

Educational Qualification wise you are definitely eligible but you have to check if you are in the given age criterion or not..

I have provided you with some of the previous year papers for your preparations..

Observe the pattern and the level of questions asked..

For more question papers, updates and syllabus for your exam you can simple visit http://ugcnetonline.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-3rd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2007-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 107 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2007-3rd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf English-June-2006-3rd-paper.pdf(60.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf English-June-2007-3rd-paper.pdf(60.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET 2011Paper-I (SET-X).pdf(170.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf UGC NET Paper-I (SET-W).pdf(170.4 KB, 134 views)
29th April 2012, 09:16 PM
belkh

Default Re: Will I be eligible to give NET Exam in English having done MA in Linguistics?

thank a lot !
31st December 2018, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I be eligible to give NET Exam in English having done MA in Linguistics?

I have done M.A in English with specialization in ELT and PGDTE from Eflu. I have quite a lot of background in the field of Education. Can I appear for NET exam in Education?
2nd January 2019, 12:55 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done M.A in English with specialization in ELT and PGDTE from Eflu. I have quite a lot of background in the field of Education. Can I appear for NET exam in Education?

yes, You can apply for the UGC NET English exam.
The UGC NET exam is held for the selection of candidates for assistant professor posts in the university and colleges and for junior research fellowship award.

The candidates need to ensure the following eligibility criteria:
Educational Qualification: You must have completed the post graduation degree with more than 55% marks from recognized university.

Final year candidates in post graduation can also apply for the exam.

Age limit: the candidates must be below 30 year for UGC NET JRF while there is no age limit for NET lectureship.

As you have completed the MA in English, you are eligible to appear for UGC NET English subject.

Read the complete details from the official website.
2nd January 2019, 10:36 PM
Meg24

Hello,
Yes you are eligible for the examination as there is no age limit to appear in the NET Exam you must prepare for the NET Exam.If you want Scholarship of 25000 you need to clear the JRF Exam. The JRF Exam provides you stipend while only candidates upto 30 years age limit can avail the 25000 INR Scholarship.

For candidates under reservation category or for female candidates the age limit is 5 year more.
Good luck for your preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?