20th June 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible to prepare for IAS exam after doing BSc Economics from Indian School of Business and Finance Delhi

I am doing Bsc Economics from Indian School of Business and Fiance Delhi, a affliate center of University of London. Will I be eligible to prepare for IAS Exam or I will have to take Indian University degree

19th October 2014, 11:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to prepare for IAS exam after doing BSc Economics from Indian School of Business and Finance Delhi

Yes, You are eligible for IAS exam but you must have citizenship of India.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

List of the Best Books for IAS Exams:

Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations
by M. Laxmikanth
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Objective General Studies For UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination
by A. R. Khan
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

UPSC Portal: General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal Publications

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?