28th May 2011, 04:41 PM
Mohammed Roshan

Will ICWA be tough for me?

I am planning to do icwa without taking a degree without taking a degree....but im very confused that will icwa will b tough or not if i am not taking any degree....im requesting to give approprate reply for my question....please help me...my mail id : [email protected]

16th September 2011, 01:17 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Will ICWA be tough for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Roshan View Post
I am planning to do icwa without taking a degree without taking a degree....but im very confused that will icwa will b tough or not if i am not taking any degree....im requesting to give approprate reply for my question....please help me...my mail id : [email protected]

Today no any exam can be considered easy .You should have 3Ds to get success in any field .Here 3D means :
  • Dedication
  • Decipline
  • Determination

Your question is incomplete in the sense that you haven't mentioned your educational qualification .However i am providing you full details about CA course :
  • CA is a 5 year course
  • For student who have just passed 12th or appearing in class 12th are needed to appear in CPT exam.
  • CPT is conducted twice a year in the month June and December.
  • The last date of submission of completed form for June exam is 31st March of the year and for December exam it is 1st october of the year.
  • Commerce Graduate with 50% , Non commerce graduate with subject other than mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks and Non-commerce graduate with maths subject having 60% are not required to give Common Proficiency Test and they are permitted to register directly for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC).
  • For complete information please visit -http://www.icai.org
  • If you are feeling insecure then you should join coaching or try to solve previous year question and new sample papers which are easily available in the market.

Don't feel tense and take exam little lightly to get better result.

With Regards
ravik1214
16th September 2011, 01:25 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will ICWA be tough for me?

Don't be afraid of the examination .

be positive and confident in you as well as think positive always you will be successful.

The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants Of India is one of the best institutions for the field of Accountancy of Cost and Management in India.

To complete the course ,you should complete three stages of the entire course:

1:Foundation Course
2:Intermediate Course
3:Final Course

Eligibility:
1)You should pass out 10+2 exam then you can apply for the foundation course and then you can join the Intermediate course after qualifying the Foundation Course examination.

2)If you are awaiting for the result of 10+2 examination ,you are also permitted to appear in the Foundation Course examination.

3)If you are also awaiting for the result of Graduation examination ,you are permitted for the provisional registration.

4)your age should be 17 years.
16th September 2011, 07:34 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

If you want to be a cost accountant and if you study with dedication and determination then surely you will not find it tough.

ICWAI is a professional course in which one can opt after class 12th.But if a person is a graduate then he can directly take admission in the Intermediate of the course.Duration of the course is 4.5 years.If you want to go for it after class 12th then you have to join in the foundation course.You can join coaching center for the course.

Best Wishes....
16th September 2011, 11:31 AM
praveendia

first all dont think in negative way.ya ca is tough course.but it is the not reason to have fear of it.work hard and put ur best.dont be afraid.
16th September 2011, 01:24 PM
malek basit

Red face Re: Will ICWA be tough for me?

Dear friends...

• CA has better prospectus than ICWA inspite of easyness. I saw somany persons doing CA/CWA ,most of them are facing difficulty in passing ICWA than CA. CA syllabus is lessthan ICWA But CA has more prospectus and opportunities. After ICWA you become a Cost accountants. ICWA syllabus is more. ICWA has Operations Managemet and Project Management , additional papers along with all papers of CA. CA does not require maths , but ICWA requires maths knowledge.

>> But Chartered Accounted is more preffered over Cost Accountant in India.

With regards
♥ Basit ♥
16th September 2011, 02:36 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,

In a competitive world, u hv to keep update to get ur best future.

Pls refer http://www.icai.org to know about ICWA.

Best of Luck
16th September 2011, 02:47 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:

Dear friend

ICWAI stands for Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India
It is a premier, dynamic, vibrant professional institution actively associating itself in the industrial and economic development of the nation. The profession places itself at the service of the nation, government, industry, and the society to realise the objectives of a welfare state resulting in the prosperity and the well being of its people.

ICWAI is a 5 years course held in Three stages

• Foundation
  • Intermediate
  • Final

A student who is just a HS pass can take admission by Taking admission in the Foundation course and thereby going into the next respective stages by passing the concerned exams.

The syllabus of the varios exams are as follows:

FOUNDATION
Paper1: Organization & Management Fundamentals
Paper2: Accounting
Paper 3: Economics and Business Fundamentals
Paper 4 : Business Mathematics, Statistics

INTERMEDIATE
Group I
Paper 5: Financial Accounting
Paper 6: Commercial and Industrial Laws and Auditing
Paper 7: Applied Direct Taxes
Group II
Paper 8: Cost & Management Accounting
Paper 9 : Operation Management and Information Systems
Paper 10: Applied Indirect Taxes

FINAL
Group III
Paper 11:Capital Market Analysis & Corporate Laws
Paper 12: Financial Management & International Finance
Paper 13:Management Accounting -Strategic Management
Paper 14:Indirect & Direct - Tax Management
Group IV
Paper 15: Management Accounting –Enterprise Performance Management
Paper 16: Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting
Paper 17: Cost Audit & Operational Audit
Paper 18: Business Valuation Management

.After Passing all these stages a candidate gets a Graduate's degree. So its upto you how you are enthusiastic to study and be an ICWA .

simply put in all your energy determination work hard and come up with flying colours..
For more details log on to www.icwai.org

All the best
16th September 2011, 03:32 PM
poonamchauhan45

plz reply with your present details. what studies have u done till now..??
16th September 2011, 05:37 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Will ICWA be tough for me?

Quote:
hello,
dear friend,

i will suggest you that only doing professional course will not do........

so i will request you to do any pass course along with CA.........

i am suggesting you like these because i am also doing CA...... along with b.com(Hons)......

so its my suggestion to you is that go along with some graduate course.....

thanx.....
17th September 2011, 12:39 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
if you feel is it tuff than it tuff .if you fell it is easy than it is easy.so depend upon the your strengths
13th March 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

sir,i'm a b.com student.i already writtern cpt exam before starting my graduation.only 72 marks i got.now,i like to do ICWA.is it tough for me? would you please tell me the places where can i do my cource.i like to do it within the Kerala.can i? sir,kindly the the places located inside the Kerala......my email id [email protected].................
6th April 2012, 09:59 PM
Dilbag86

The CS and CA are not tough as assumed by many.
all professional courses need systematic approach in study. it is not just like graduation courses.

the following method will help in clearing the above mentioned courses.

1.understand the syllabus.
the syllabus is given when you join for the course along with your study materials. the depth of study needed before facing the examination is mentioned. many subjects for CA, expert level of knowledge is required.

copying the syllabus in neat handwriting after a thorough reading, helps remembering them properly and helps focussing while preparing for examiantion.

2. give one complete study of the study materials given sincerely.
never ignore them. try to collect all the recommended text books.
at least one recommended text book must be with you. read that one book from first page to last thoroughly. it is not good to venture to take examiantions with out them.

3.collect last 5 years question papers and also the suggested answers published by the respective institutes. as you study the materials supplied by the institute try to relate the questions as appeared in the earlier examinations with the study.

4.work out the examples given in the study materials.
first read the examples, understand them, and try to work out independently without reference to them. see the difference. if you can work out all the steps as given in the materials it is good. at the examinations you are expected to have that level of perfection in answering the questions.

5. try to attempt questions that carry problem solving than theory alone questions.
when u solve the problems correctly, you are likely to get maximum marks than answering theory questions. solving problems takes less time than writing long answers for the theory questions.

6. in papers relating to law read the bare acts at least once and have an idea how the sections are arranged progressively. each broad grouping of the sections have some connection to the sections that follow them. if you cannot remember the sections numbers, avoid mentioning wrong sections numbers.

7.try to answer the previous year question papers with reference to those answers, in the examination pattern, before going for the examinations. see how much time you need to comfortably solve all the questions.

in short, justify yourself first before allowing the examiner justify you.

wish you good luck in your studies.
16th May 2012, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
My name is arka. I have completed my class 12 in 2010 with not a very good result. Because I had financial problems I had to work since class 12 itself and therefore I could not pursue my graduation as well. But right now i'm working in IBM in boo sector and I want to do company secretary and i'm very sure I will score good result but the thing is that can u please tell me that whether I have a good prospectus in terms of getting a job after doing CA as i'm not graduate and I have only 56% in class 12
Sir please help me,my email I'd is [email protected]
10th July 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed MBA from recognized university and pursuing M.Com from Open University. I am very interested in ICWA and CA course. Which course is a better choice for me to boost up my career?
18th February 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

with how much % can we apply in icwa nd is it easy or tough were u all tuk coaching classes????
26th February 2013, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I am venkey .I got 80% IN CLASS 12th CAN I STUDY CA WILL IT BE EASY FOR ME.
25th May 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam
Is it easy to get job after completing CWA?
I have completed b.com(hons) just now.

My E-mail ID
[email protected]
4th October 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am studying in 12th. And thought of pursuing CMA( certified management accountant) after a bachelor's degree. But i had misunderstood this degree with the Cost accountancy CMA ICWAI.
BUT now i want to pursue both. I hav heard that icwai members can get cma certification without taking up any examination. So i wanted to kniw more about it and also if it happens like that, will I still be having ACCA exemptions after CMA?
6th October 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir ineed more tips for choosing a good career after 12
24th October 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

Now, I am working in a BPO company. My Qualification is B.Com with DCA. I am interested to do ICWAI. Once I done, will i get jobs? But i am reaching my 40s in a cople of years. Please advise.
25th October 2013, 08:53 PM
Rishu kumar shukla

Quote:
no it is not tough for you because you are hardworking and hardwork is the key to success
18th February 2015, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I'm a Btech graduate .. Is it a wise decision for me to go for ICWA. will it be tough for me as i dont have base in commerce.
16th June 2015, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

I AM FULLY CONFUSED TO DO ICWAI..ICWAI IS EASY OR TUFF.I COMPLETED B.COM.BT NW AM FULLY CONFUSED PLS.I WANT TO COMPLETE INTER ONLY..NOT FINAL.BT NW IT IS EASY OR TUFTUFF.EMAIL;[email protected]
10th July 2015, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I don't understand the cource about ICWA ? i am not very intelligent student .so would i good result in icwa exam plz help and would i great opportunety after passed ICWA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?