21st September 2020, 11:22 AM
Gowthami.V12

Is it worth doing MA in English hons. after completion of regular BCA degree course?

I am in BCA 2nd year. I am planning for Masters in English, but I am stuck in a confusion that will it help me in anyway for getting good jobs in future. If yes, what kind of jobs? Can anyone tell me about the career options which are available?

15th June 2023, 10:50 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it worth doing MA in English hons. after completion of regular BCA degree course?

Yes, after pursuing master degree in English, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET and after qualifying in it eligible for recruitment as assistant professor in different colleges.

Candidates with master degree and have B.Ed qualification can apply for recruitment as PGT.

Other than teaching profession you are eligible to get job in other government sectors such as banking, railway, defence, ssc etc.
17th June 2023, 02:39 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it worth doing MA in English hons. after completion of regular BCA degree course?

Eligibility criteria for MA
Atleast 55% and above marks in BA (Honors) English from a recognised university or atleast 60% in aggregate in Bachelor's degree from a recognised board are eligible.
Admission to the program is usually granted on the basis of entrance exam or merit.
Thus if you are interested in MA English Honors , then you can apply for the course.
18th June 2023, 04:51 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Deciding whether pursuing a Master of Arts (MA) in English Honors after completing a regular Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) degree course depends on your personal interests, career goals, and the specific opportunities available to you.

Here are a few factors to consider:

Personal Interest: If you have a genuine passion for literature, language, and the study of English, pursuing an MA in English Honors can provide you with in-depth knowledge and a deeper understanding of the subject. It can be a fulfilling experience for someone who enjoys reading, analyzing literature, and exploring the complexities of language.

Career Aspirations: Consider your career goals and how an MA in English Honors aligns with them. While a BCA degree is focused on computer applications and technology, an MA in English Honors emphasizes critical thinking, research skills, and communication abilities. It can open up opportunities in fields such as teaching, writing, publishing, content creation, journalism, editing, or even corporate communications where strong language and writing skills are valued.

Combining Interests: If you have a strong interest in both computer applications and English, you could explore career paths that merge these disciplines. For example, technical writing, instructional design, or working in the technology industry in a role that requires effective communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technical concepts and layperson understanding.

Market Demand: Research the job market and assess the demand for individuals with an MA in English Honors. Consider factors such as job availability, potential salaries, and the level of competition in your desired field. This information can help you determine the viability of pursuing this degree and the potential return on investment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?