4th October 2015, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for Ex-servicemen to join as a Sub Inspector in Police?

I am 41 years old JCO serving in Indian army with the corps of EME. I have diploma in automobile engineering and also bachelor degree. I am going to retire very soon. So i want to join UP police as sub inspector.So please tell me about the age criteria?

5th October 2015, 06:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit for Ex-servicemen to join as a Sub Inspector in Police?

Age limit for Ex serviceman to join as Sub Inspector in Police is 21 to 30 years after deducting the number of years served in army.
Just subtract the number of years of service in army from the current age.
5 years of relaxation is provided as per government norms to Ex-servicemen.
5th October 2015, 11:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 41 years old JCO serving in Indian army with the corps of EME. I have diploma in automobile engineering and also bachelor degree. I am going to retire very soon. So i want to join UP police as sub inspector.So please tell me about the age criteria?
To join in as a Sub Inspector and being a Ex-service men soon you will be eligible for applying for the IPS exam conducted by UPSC in order to join in the Sub inspector post.

Eligibility Needed For IPS Exam:

-> First of all candidate should have a citizenship in India as per the Nationality standards.

-> A general category candidate should have 21-30 years of age and if you are a SC/ST category candidate then you should have 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years. Being a Ex-service men soon you will get 10 years relaxation from the categories you follow.

-> Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed a graduation from a recognized university in any stream of education.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS exam and you can apply in 2 modes:

# ONLINE
# OFFLINE

And if you need to know more about the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th January 2017, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I am 43 year old JCO serving with Army in infantry. My civil education is MA and coming soon from Army, I wish to join in up police sub inspector please tell me about age criteria to join in police sub inspector.
31st January 2017, 10:55 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Ex-serviceman shall be allowed to deduct from his age the period of all defense service previously rendered by him provided that the resultant age does not exceed the upper age limit by more than three years.

Eligibility criteria to apply for Sub Inspector are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate must possess Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post is from 21 years to 30 years. There is relaxation in age limit as per the Govt. rules.

-Selection process :

Written Examination

Merit list

Medical test

Character and documents verification

Interview
31st January 2017, 10:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Ex-serviceman shall be allowed to deduct from his age the period of all defense service previously rendered by him provided that the resultant age does not exceed the upper age limit by more than three years.

Eligibility criteria to apply for Sub Inspector are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate must possess Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post is from 21 years to 30 years. There is relaxation in age limit as per the Govt. rules.

-Selection process :

Written Examination

Merit list

Medical test

Character and documents verification

Interview
14th January 2018, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

I am retired from army on 31 Dec 17 as the post of Subedar Clerk after completion of 52 yrs of age. What I can join Sub Inspector exam in UP.
31st May 2018, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I am 33 year old Army person and i have compeleted 15 year service in Army so am i eligible for Delhi police S I
31st July 2018, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

As being a soldier chef iam serving since 2009 in indian Army.Iam Lnk /chef and my education qualification is B.A by scoring 65%.So would you please help me to know that am i deserve for sub.insp after getting retired?
19th October 2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I am ex-servicemen and want to apply for police sub inspector in maharashtra. I am 41 years old, guide me that I can apply for it what is age limit
5th November 2018, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the required qualification and age required for being selected as sub inspector o kerala police for an ex service man
2nd December 2018, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have retired from army on 01 dec 2018 and my age is now 49 years . can I apply up olice as a si( daroga)
26th January 2019, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

I have not completed my degree in civil. But I am a Army Graduate. Am I eligible for attend the SI test in Tamil Nadu or Delhi police.
30th January 2019, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I'm serving in Indian army ,my date of birth is 25 March 1986, means I'm 32 years old,and I have completed 15 years service in army, my civil qualification is 10 2 with PCM obtaining 59% marks as well as graduate with arts side with third division 44% marks ,so that plz tell me I'm eligible for Delhi police ASI exam or not
9th March 2019, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

I am Subedar Hiranmay Biswas presently serving with Indian Army (Military Engineering Services). I am appointed as Junior Engineer (Civil), since April 2007 as a same appointment. Now I want to join West Bengal police service in as same rank. Pl suggest me how I apply to this type of job in west bengal police.
2nd April 2019, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am ex-servicemen and I have completed graduation. Presently in medical category A2 & E2. I am eligible for the sub inspector or not
2nd June 2019, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Respected. Sir am ex servicemen Nk /oem Dinesh chand servinge with Indian army off Corp of engear my education BA so I am job in sub inspector Delhi police job vacancy sir I am medical cetaegary Shep 1me ellibal so job neccesary action please
16th June 2019, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir i am a ex serviceman age 37 qualified degree in B.s.c. I want to apply sub inspector post in odisha police. Then i want know the require age and qualifications for this appointment.?
20th August 2019, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I retired on 31 Aug 2017 as "Sergeant" from Indian Air Force after completing 20 years of service. I was from Logistics department. I got selected in Air Force when I was in college so I couldn't complete my graduation. I am having graduation equivalent certificate from Air Force. Can I apply for SI/Inspector post
22nd September 2019, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir I am a ex service man age 37 yes qualified degree in BA I want to apply sab inspector post in Kerala police .Then I want know the require age and qualification for this appointment
15th October 2019, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

I am presently serving in army since 15 years . Now my age is 33 yrs. I wish take premature retirement from Army in two to three yrs. Can I apply for sub inspector post after retirement ?
1st December 2019, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

What is the age relaxation for x army in Delhi police
14th January 2020, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

I am 35 yrs old ex servicemen army,and now I want to join west Bengal police as a sub inspector so please tell me the age eligibility for ex servicemen and qualification for SUB INSPECTOR
4th March 2020, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Sir my 49 years age anf i service 28 year service indian army. Can i apply sub inspector up police.
18th March 2020, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am serving with army infantry. And my age is 51 yr running 2020 i am retired on Aug 2020.any vacancy of my label.my medical cat is shape 1.and army annual report is above
Thanks for will be wait any your confirmation report.
25th March 2020, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir..I am a exservice men .what is the age limit for PC's in odisha
6th April 2020, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

I am serving in Indian Army now but I want to join UP SI after premature. So tell me what is the age limit for SI. Now this time I am 36 years old.
30th April 2020, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am 48 years old in army and graduation completed through Ignou can I apply for police sub inspector uttrakhand tell me maximum age limit of this job.
3rd June 2020, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I am JCO serving in Army. Can I join to Uttrakhand Police sub inspector after retirement please tell me age limit for the above request
13th August 2020, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

I am 35year old serving in army medical corps as operation room assistant my qualifications is 12from science stream can I eligible for SI in Punjab police
13th February 2021, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I'm serving in army since last 20 during service should I apply for the si post and I will get age relaxation...pls guide
27th March 2022, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Age limit Ex Army Preson in U P Polic
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?