7th July 2015, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams after completing B.A. from IGNOU?

Respected Sir/Madam,
Will it be suitable that i complete my B.A. from IGNOU and also prepare for UPSC exams and appear for the UPSC exams after completing B.A. from IGNOU?

14th July 2015, 07:29 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams after completing B.A. from IGNOU?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC examinations after completion of your Graduation in B.A course from IGNOU. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC examination, Eligibility criteria required to appear in most of the UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-20 years old. Upper gae relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC examination notification.
15th July 2015, 10:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exams after completing B.A. from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
Will it be suitable that i complete my B.A. from IGNOU and also prepare for UPSC exams and appear for the UPSC exams after completing B.A. from IGNOU?
You have completed B.A from IGNOU so you are eligible for CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?