5th April 2023, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for domicile certificate of Gujarat? Having studied 2 years in US rest all in Gujarat?

Hi I have studied from 1st std till 3rd in Gujarat and 4th in USA. I again studied 5th till 12th Std in Gujarat. My birth is in Gujarat. Am I eligible for domicile certificate of Gujarat?

22nd April 2023, 09:51 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for domicile certificate of Gujarat? Having studied 2 years in US rest all in Gujarat?

To be eligible for a domicile certificate in Gujarat, an individual must fulfill certain eligibility criteria as set by the government of Gujarat. One of the primary criteria is that the individual must be a permanent resident of Gujarat.

Based on the information you have provided, it is unclear whether you meet the eligibility criteria for a Gujarat domicile certificate. To be considered a permanent resident of Gujarat, you would typically need to have lived in Gujarat for a minimum period of time (usually several years), have a permanent address in Gujarat, and meet other requirements as specified by the government.

If you have lived in Gujarat for a significant portion of your life and have a permanent address there, you may be eligible for a domicile certificate. However, if you have only studied in Gujarat for a few years and spent the majority of your life outside of Gujarat, it is unlikely that you would be eligible.
5th May 2023, 04:41 PM
rbagdiya1

Default Re: Am I eligible for domicile certificate of Gujarat? Having studied 2 years in US rest all in Gujarat?

To be eligible for a domicile certificate in Gujarat, the applicant must fulfill certain criteria as per the Gujarat Domicile Certificate Rules, 2016. One of the key criteria is that the applicant must have resided in Gujarat continuously for at least 15 years before the date of application or for at least 10 years in case the applicant has passed the qualifying examination from a recognized educational institution in Gujarat.

Based on the information provided, if you have studied in the US for 2 years and the remaining period in Gujarat, you may be eligible for a domicile certificate in Gujarat if you have resided in Gujarat continuously for at least 10 years and fulfill other criteria as per the rules.

However, it is advisable to check the specific eligibility criteria for a domicile certificate in Gujarat and consult the concerned authorities for further guidance and assistance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?