15th May 2015, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for SCRA entrance exam if pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc(Mathematics)?

Hello everyone,
I am a student of B.Sc(Mathematics) 2nd year.
I would like to know that am I eligible for SCRA entrance exam?
Kindly let me know as soon as possible.
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the prescribed syllabus for candidates appearing in SCRA exam who is pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  2. Am I eligible to give SCRA Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course with an age of 20 years?
  3. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  4. Whether SCRA Exam has held or not for this year?
  5. Job in Railways after +2?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for MPPSC being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  7. Detailed information about UPSC SCRA entrance exam? What kind of job I will get after completing SCRA?
  8. Can I apply for any Entrance Exam to join Job in Air Force pursuing 2nd year of BE with Mechanical stream?
  9. Am I eligible to get scholarship pursuing 2nd year MBBS after scoring 69.16%
  10. How to write SCRA exam if I am a intermediate 2nd year student
  11. Am I eligible to appear for SCRA Exam?
  12. Am I eligible to appear in SCRA entrance exam if waiting for 12th Bihar Board result?
  13. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. When and how can I apply for regular M.Com course from DU? Syllabus for the entrance exam? Will I be eligible for NET after doing M.Com?
  15. How to apply for KCET Exam being a candidate pursuing Intermediate 2nd year of Bi. P.C?
  16. In which IT firm should I apply for 6 weeks Training programme if pursuing B.Tech 2nd year?
  17. Am I eligible to appear for CDS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Com?
  18. Can I apply for NET Exam for HR or Economics being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of MBA course?
19th May 2015, 01:09 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SCRA entrance exam if pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc(Mathematics)?

In the middle of graduation, you cannot apply for SCRA examination. To apply for SCRA examination, you should have completed graduation or intermediate from a recognized School. So, you can apply for SCRA examination after your graduation.

SCRA i.e Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year. 2015 SCRA examination has been already completed. Next notification will be published in the month of October / November in the Official Website of UPSC as well as Employment Newspaper.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have passed Intermediate or graduation with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination. You must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. 3 years relaxation is applicable applicable for OBC categories and 5 years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST categories.

Official Website: Click Here !!!
19th May 2015, 05:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SCRA entrance exam if pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc(Mathematics)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I am a student of B.Sc(Mathematics) 2nd year.
I would like to know that am I eligible for SCRA entrance exam?
Kindly let me know as soon as possible.
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for SCRA exam.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who are doing final year of 12th can also apply for this examination.

Those who have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may also apply for this examination and there is no percentage bar to apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be 17 to 21 years old for SCRA exam.
26th April 2023, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I am persuing btech mechanical 4yr. can i gave SCRA entrance exam? Or whats the procedure after btech (mech)
5th May 2023, 04:39 PM
rbagdiya1

No, you are not eligible to apply for the SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices) entrance exam if you are pursuing the 2nd year of B.Sc (Mathematics) as per the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

To be eligible for the SCRA exam, the candidate should have completed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry from a recognized university or board. The candidate should also have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years on 1st January of the year of the examination.

Therefore, as you are still pursuing your graduation and have not completed your 10+2, you are not eligible to apply for the SCRA exam. However, there are other competitive exams for which you may be eligible based on your qualifications and interests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?