28th September 2021, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE PSUs, government jobs and admission into M.Tech?

i have been passed Diploma in engineering/technology after 10 2 (through lateral entry scheme, full time, 2 years duration, from government Polytechnic, WB).Then i have been done B.Tech from government college (Kalyani Government engineering College) through WBJELET (lateral entry). Am I eligible for GATE exam, PSUs,M.tech?

28th September 2021, 02:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE PSUs, government jobs and admission into M.Tech?

Yes, you are certainly eligible for appearing in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) to have options of PSU jobs, and admission in M.Tech even having completed your Degree in Technology (i.e; B.Tech) degree even through Lateral Entry Scheme as B.Tech through Lateral entry is equivalent to regular B.Tech degree course as far as the eligibility for appearing in the GATE examination is concerned.

For complete details regarding GATE eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/apps.html.
29th September 2021, 04:34 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE PSUs, government jobs and admission into M.Tech?

Yes, there is no restriction. After B.Tech you can join PSU and apply for M.Tech. Even you are also eligible for some Govt. Jobs after your B.Tech such as IBPS, LIC, BMC, RRB i.e. railway exams, SSC, MSRBC, MTNL, STATE BANK OF INDIA, BSNL, BARC, AFCAT, MTNL etc.
30th September 2021, 11:32 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Yes, You are eligible for GATE PSUs, government jobs and admission into M.Tech.

Those who have completed BTech in relevant subjects are totally eligible for BTech course.

To get admission in good college go through counseling procedure of GATE examination.

To get job in PSUs, your rank should be under 500 as general category student and to get admission in IITs /NITs, your rank should be under 1500.
30th September 2021, 03:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, lateral B.Tech course is equivalent to regular B.Tech course. So, you are eligible for GATE, admission in M.Tech course and PSU recruitment after qualifying in GATE and other examination.

For more information about the examination go through the notification.
30th September 2021, 03:53 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Your B.Tech qualification is eligible for appearing in various entrance examination or to get the recruitment in jobs.

As, per your qualification, you are eligible for appearing in the GATE examination and after scoring well in the examination eligible for recruitment in PSU's and admission in M.Tech course.
30th September 2021, 09:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech through lateral entry is valid and you are eligible to appear for GATE.

After qualifying in the GATE , you will become eligible for admission in M.Tech course and eligible for call letter for interview in PSU's on the basis of rank.

So, you need to do better preparation and secure better rank for admission or selection for the job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?