4th December 2017, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job if I don't have a caste certificate?

Dear Sir/Mam, I am from kori cast, I have Uttar Pradesh schedule cast certificate, but I don't get cast certificate from Gujarat, my mother father belong to Uttar Pradesh and migrate to Ahmedabad last 40 year, so I am confused to fill a government sector job which cast should I fill in for sc or general, because I have only Uttar Pradesh cast certificate is it acceptable or not for government sector or central level job, please reply me?

8th December 2017, 12:04 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job if I don't have a caste certificate?

If you are a domicile of Gujarat then you can apply as a general candidate if you have no caste certificate. As because caste certificate is necessary for SC/ST/OBC candidates. There is no certificate required for general candidates.
8th December 2017, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job if I don't have a caste certificate?

If you have applied for state government job of Gujarat, then you should have domicile of the same state to avail the reservation benefit. Also, your caste should feature in the state list.

For central government jobs in Gujarat, you don't need a caste certificate of the state. Also, there is a separate list of caste at central level for reservation benefit.
18th November 2018, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I'm from Bihar and residing at Andhra Pradesh, as ap govt don't provide caste certificate is it necessary to have for govt jobs. Or we can skip it
I'm OBC in Bihar(sudhi), but in AP we don't have any caste certificate
3rd April 2020, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

i am selected for gds bpm i have only caste certificate but not caste validity.without validity my documents will be verified?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?