4th November 2022, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IRS test after graduating from distance education?

Am I eligible for IRS test after graduating from distance education?

6th November 2022, 01:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IRS test after graduating from distance education?

The very first thing I would like to let you know is that to join IRS (Indian Revenue Service), you must qualify for the Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

Further, for appearing in the same examination the required minimum education is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further, Candidates can appear in the same examination while pursuing the final year of their degree course.

So, after completion of your graduation degree even in a distance mode of education, you will be eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination provided your university is recognized by UGC (or equivalent bodies) for offering distance education programs and you hold the required essential qualifications other than the educational qualification too.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th November 2022, 02:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IRS test after graduating from distance education?

To become an I.R.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university in distance or regular mode. So, you are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in all three stages of the examination eligible to get the recruitment.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th November 2022, 05:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Graduate in distance mode from a recognised university are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The age limit is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. To get other information related to the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th November 2022, 09:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible.
Those who have acquired bachelor's degree through distance learning or correspondence are eligible to apply.

Candidates must provide proof of eligibility from a competent authority/ institute/ university at the time of main exam.

The age limit of the candidate must be atleast 21 years and maximum of upto 32 years for General category candidates.

Must be an Indian citizen to apply for the exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?