28th January 2018, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CTET 2018 while studying B.Ed?

I am a first year student of B.Ed taken admission in 2017. Can I appear in CTET 2017. Which will probably be held towards the end of this year?

28th January 2018, 10:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CTET 2018 while studying B.Ed?

Whether you are eligible or not depends on Graduation or Higher Secondary course and in order to be eligible for appearing in CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education while pursuing B.Ed course. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CTET Examination.

<> For Primary Stage: (Classes I to V)
* You must have completed senior secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education.

Or else, senior secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education course.

<> For Elementary Stage: (Classes VI to VIII)
* You must have completed Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education.

Or else, you must have completed Graduation with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor of Education.
29th January 2018, 04:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You result should be awaited, in order to apply for CTET. If you have recently taken admission in the course, then you won't be able to apply for it.

Just make sure you will be able to give them the required documents on time, if you are applying for CTET.
29th January 2018, 06:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates pursuing in the first year of B.Ed course are not eligible for appearing in CTET examination.

CTET examination is conducted by CBSE twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university and also have B.Ed or D.Ed qualification.

So, candidates pursuing in the final year of B.Ed or have passed the course are only eligible.

Candidates after qualifying for entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as a teacher in government school. For detail information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?