25th December 2014, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in IFS exam at the age of 21 years? Tips for preparation?

hello
my age is 19 years.
can i give ifs exam when i will be 21 years?
currently i m in B.A.
how to prepare for ifs.
thank you and regards

26th December 2014, 10:59 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IFS exam at the age of 21 years? Tips for preparation?

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services. The IFS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for the recruitment of forest officers. Candidates who have completed their Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university are eligible to appear for IFS examination.

Eligibility Criteria :-
To be eligible to appear for IFS examination, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-
1. You must eb a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear for IFS examination. Since, the minimum age limit required to appear for IFS examination is 21 years, you can appear for IFS examination at the age of 21 years.

Preparation Tips :-
1. Study thoroughly through standard text books and practice model papers.

2. Refer previous years question papers, so, that you can know the examination question paper pattern.

3. For the General English Paper, practice comprehensions, essays and vocabulary exercises from any standard grammar/ Civil Services examination preparation books.

4. Your answers should be analytical, precise, logical and systematic.

5. It is best to prepare from standard text books, with additional backup from a variety of sources e.g. journals, newspapers, topical essays, websites, etc.

6. For interview - Knowledge of your subject of study and overall general awareness is must. You need to brush up your knowledge on forest-related issues, policies and status of their implementation. You should also be well aware of your home-state or state of domicile specially with respect to geographical features, forest, wild life, economic status, cultural outlook, etc.
26th December 2014, 02:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in IFS exam at the age of 21 years? Tips for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
my age is 19 years.
can i give ifs exam when i will be 21 years?
currently i m in B.A.
how to prepare for ifs.
thank you and regards
No, BA degree candidates are not eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC.

Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/OBC candidate category.

Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks

Best books for IFS examination :-

IFS: Indian Forest Service Chemistry (Including Paper I & II)
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publisher (2013)

IFS Indian Forest Service Examination Botany (Paper I & II)
by
Editorialrph Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)

IFS Indian Forest Service Mathematics (Paper I & II)
by
Editorialrph Board

IFS Indian Forest Service Zoology (Paper I & II)
by
Editorialrph Board

I have attached some question papers of IFS exam so please check it out.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?