11th June 2023, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for ncv-nwko after completion of 18 month service?

I am rajesh kumar.my qualification is hsc with pcm-66% and pre-sea deck cadet course (ignou) sucessfully completed through mmti mumbai.now my total sea service is 12th months in offshore supply vessel.can i appear after completion of 18th months sea service.i am also doing dlp.

12th June 2023, 02:52 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for ncv-nwko after completion of 18 month service?

No , you cannot appear for Ncv - Nwko after completion of 18 month service as per eligibility Candidate must have minimum 5 years of service in sea i.e. 60 months.
12th June 2023, 08:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to appear for ncv - nwko after completion of 18 months service. You have not qualified the minimum eligibility for completion of 60 months of minimum service. Thus , You are not eligible to apply.
13th June 2023, 04:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Age limit:-
You should be a minimum age of 17.5 and a maximum age of 25 years .

Qualification:-
Candidates should be passed their 10th / 12th with any stream from the recognized Board of India.

Medical Fitness:-
One who is going to apply for this course should be medically fit.
14th June 2023, 12:45 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear for ncv-nwko is given below:-

Education qualification:-
Candidate should be passed their 10th / 12th with any stream from a recognised Board of India.

Age limit:-
The minimum age limit is 17.5 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.

Medically fitness:-
One who is going to apply for this course should be medically fit.
15th June 2023, 02:08 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for the NCV-NWKO after completion of 18 months of service. However, there are a few requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible to take the exam. These requirements include:

* You must have a valid ITI certificate in Marine Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
* You must have a minimum of 18 months of sea service on board a merchant vessel.
* You must be a citizen of India.
* You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.

If you meet all of these requirements, you can apply to take the NCV-NWKO exam. The exam is held twice a year, in June and December. The application process for the exam opens about 3 months before the exam date.

The NCV-NWKO is a competitive exam, so it is important to prepare well for it. There are a number of resources available to help you prepare for the exam, including online study guides, practice exams, and coaching classes.

If you pass the NCV-NWKO exam, you will be awarded a diploma in Marine Engineering or Electrical Engineering. This diploma will qualify you to work as a marine engineer or electrical engineer on board a merchant vessel.

Here are some additional details about the NCV-NWKO exam:

* The exam is 200 questions long and is divided into two parts: Marine Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
* The Marine Engineering part of the exam is 100 questions long and covers topics such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and marine machinery.
* The Electrical Engineering part of the exam is 100 questions long and covers topics such as electrical machines, power systems, and electronics.
* The exam is taken on a computer at a designated testing center.
* The exam is scored on a scale of 0 to 100.
* The passing score for the NCV-NWKO exam is 60%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?