6th March 2018, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in RRB recruitment with 49% in 12th PCM?

I have secured 49% in my 12th with PCM. Now, I want to apply for RRB recruitment in Ahmedabad. Can I eligible to apply in this recruitment? I have searched alot but I didn’t find percentage criteria anywhere. Please help me to know.

28th March 2018, 11:36 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply in RRB recruitment with 49% in 12th PCM?

Yes definitely you can apply for jobs in Railway Recruitment Board even if you have scored 49% in 12th class.

There are some jobs for the post of clerk, ticket clerk, ticket collector, khalasi etc. for which you can apply on the basis of your current qualification but your age should not exceed 28 years.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get the relaxation of 5 years and 3 years for OBC in upper age.

Based on your current qualification you are eligible to apply for Railway Counter Ticket Clerk, General Clerk, Train Ticket Examiner and other Group D level posts so if you are serious about your carrier in railways then you need to take right decision then take some good steps to achieve a job in this field.

If you complete a bachelor's degree then you can apply for various other jobs in railway like - Assistant Station Master, Technician and other jobs so you must start preparation for this exam and continue your regular study as well so if you will be prepared before appearing for exam then you can get a good job at a very early age.

One more information that there is no fixed percentage required to apply for any post.
29th March 2018, 12:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of RRB is Railway Recruitment Board.

You can apply for Group D (all posts) jobs under RRB. You can apply for Technician posts. Recently RRB released thousands of vacancies for these posts.

The age limit is 18-33 years.

You can apply for the exam at official website of RRB. The last date is 31st March, 2018.
29th March 2018, 08:52 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Railway Recruitment Board:

Academic qualification: Candidate should be 12th passed or degree or diploma in engineering. Even if you have done 10th along with ITI certificate then also you can apply for RRB recruitment exam.

Age criteria: 18-28 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates will get three years and five years upper age relaxation.

You can apply for RRB recruitment exam with 49% marks in 12th PCM.
30th March 2018, 11:25 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for RRB recruitment after completion of your 12th standard with 49% aggregate marks from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed 10th standard or above from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for RRB recruitment. The minimum age required to apply for RRB recruitment is 18 years. No specific percentage criteria is required to apply for RRB recruitment, so, you are eligible to apply for RRB recruitment.
30th March 2018, 10:51 PM
ranu shahi

Exact percentage criteria are not mentioned anywhere but as per the guidelines they follows- 60% and above for general aspirants and 50% to 60% aggregate for OBC/SC/ST.
You are also eligible to apply.
30th March 2018, 11:43 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you but you can not apply for RRB recruitment with only 49% in 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria for RRB are:-
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 55% in Science stream (Mathematics)
Candidate may have their ITI degree or Diploma degree in related trade.
Candidate's age must be at least 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?