10th August 2021, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I ask for 5 years leave from government job in Kerala to study MBBS in a government college?

Can I ask for five years leave from government job in Kerala for studying MBBS, now I am working at government medical college as a staff nurse ( B Sc nursing completed)

12th August 2021, 11:38 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I ask for 5 years leave from government job in Kerala to study MBBS in a government college?

Yes, you can ask for 5 years' leave from a government job in Kerala to study MBBS in a government college. The maximum limit of leave without pay was reduced from 20 years to five years. Earlier the leave without pay can be availed for 20 years but this has been now reduced to 5 years. If the employee failed to join duty even after five years they will be considered as resigned and this is not applicable to those who have already extended their leave. The employees who are currently on long leave will be granted time to return.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?