2nd January 2017, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS, if haven't studied maths in my 12th?

Sir, I am in 12th and from commerce stream and I want to qualify for IPS and so give me solution how to go through next steps and I am without maths in my 12th. Therefore, can I qualify or not.

2nd January 2017, 03:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS, if haven't studied maths in my 12th?

Yes, you can apply for IPS even if you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognsied university.

3. You should be at least 21 years old and not more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
2nd January 2017, 09:33 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Maths is not compulsory to become IAS officer because as per the minimum eligibility criteria a candidate must have a graduation from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks in order to become IAS or IPS officer. So you have to work hard because you are eligible to become IPS officer if you have not studied maths in your 12th standard.
2nd January 2017, 09:42 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Qualifications for Indian Police Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC are :
1. Candidates must have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
2. Age of candidates must be in between 21 to 30 years.

For applying and other information you can go to the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
2nd January 2017, 10:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You can become an IPS officer only through the civil services examinations. You have to crack the civil services examination successfully in order to be recruited as the of IPS officer. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the prestigious Civil Service exam every year. You must have completed your graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years if you belong to open category and there is relaxation of 3 years in upper age for OBC and 5 years for SC and ST candidates. Your nationality should be Indian.
3rd January 2017, 12:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. Those who want to join Indian Police Services has to appear for Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. After 12th your next should be to pursue bachelor's degree in stream of your choice then only you can apply for this exam.

2. Minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years.

Stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Mains examination.

Interview.

Mathematics is 12th is not compulsory to apply for Civil Services exam. You can apply without this subject also after bachelor's degree.
3rd January 2017, 12:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am in 12th and from commerce stream and I want to qualify for IPS and so give me solution how to go through next steps and I am without maths in my 12th. Therefore, can I qualify or not.

Yes, you can become an IPS, if not studied mathematics in 12th standard. To become an IPS officer, you have to clear the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC. The eligibility to appear for the civil service examination is a pass in graduation degree in any discipline. So after completion of graduation in any discipline you can appear for the civil service examinations. It consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The examinations are held once every year. You have to clear the Preliminary Examination. The UPSC website link is Click Here
3rd January 2017, 08:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Indian Police Services officer even if you have not studied mathematics in standard 12th. To become IPS officer, a candidate needs to clear all stages of Civil Services examination that is preliminary, mains and interview and secure a rank upto IPS is alloted.

Eligibility criteria for this examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. This exam is open to candidates of all streams. Candidate from all background are eligible to apply for this exam.

>>After 12th, you should first pursue your bachelor's degree then you will become eligible for this exam. Minimum age required to write this exam is 21 years.
3rd January 2017, 08:28 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and after qualifying in all stages of examination eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any stream in bachelor degree and eligible to appear for examination without having mathematics in 12th.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. For syllabus and other details about visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2017, 09:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IPS officer exam even you haven't studied Maths in 12th standard. There is no restriction on stream selection to appear in Civil Services Exam. But, to apply for the exam , you must have passed Bachelor's degree.

To become an IPS officer,one has to write Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC .

The eligibility criteria for the civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
3rd January 2017, 09:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC every year once every year.

--> Also for appearing in Civil Services examination you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized regular or open university.

* For this wing of Civil Services, you also need to fulfill its physical requirement norms.

So even being a student of Class 12th with Commerce stream you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination if you satisfy the above mentioned requirement norms.

For further details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2017, 10:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an Indian Police Service you have to qualify in Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages of Civil Service examination.

So,to qualify in examination you must need to prepare as according to syllabus of examination with determination, dedication and devotion to your studies.

You must require better knowledge of current affairs, English and Social science.

You are also eligible to appear for examination without having mathematics as main paper in 12th.
3rd January 2017, 11:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full for IPS is Indian Police Service. IPS entrance exam is known as Civil Services exam. Interested candidates need to meet given criteria:

*Minimum qualification: Graduation irrespective of stream. All stream graduates are eligible for this exam.

*Minimum age limit: 21 years.

Next step for you is to pursue bachelor's degree then apply for this exam. Mathematics in 12th is not mandatory for this examination.
4th January 2017, 08:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard, you can do graduation degree from a recognized University to become an IPS officer. This exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?