7th July 2017, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government job after completing hotel management degree?

I have done my hotel management from government institute of hotel management Dehradun, worked with Radisson, Noida for 2 years and also worked with a college as an HOD for 2 years now I am pursuing my M.H.M. It’s last semester. Please do tell me, can I get a government job?

8th July 2017, 10:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job after completing hotel management degree?

There are only one or two openings came for a government job in the hotel management sector as there is a privatization in these sectors. So the no: of chances to get a government job is very less. But there are many four or five stars hotels at where you can get a higher salary and rank according to your work experience.
8th July 2017, 11:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a government job after completing hotel management degree?

Some of the govt. jobs that are available after completing hotel management degree are as under :-

1.Admin. staff

2.Guest assistance

3.Front office management

4.Service position

5.Govt. lodges

6.Forest houses, etc.
9th July 2017, 03:29 PM
ranu shahi

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs after completing hotel management course. The various post you can get after completing hotel management are:-
Restaurant Manager
Bakery Manager
Restaurant Cashier
Airline Food Service
Food Service Manager
Railways Catering Service
9th July 2017, 08:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that hotel management degree course is a degree course equivalent to bachelor degree and hence you can apply for any government jobs available for bachelor degree holders.

The best options available for you are the options of bank clerk and bank probationary officer in banking sector, commissioned officer in Indian Army, administrative officer through Civil Services, higher divisional clerk through SSC CGL and much more.
9th July 2017, 11:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can try government job in IRCTC, if you are a hotel management graduate. Other than this, there are not much jobs available in government sector.

You can apply for those government jobs, which ask for any degree qualification also, if you have got UGC recognized degree.
10th July 2017, 09:52 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get government job after hotel management course.

For most of government job required minimum qualification is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you can appear for entrance examination for recruitment in Banking, Railway, Staff Selection, Civil Service etc.

Candidates after qualifying examination in all stages of examination will be eligible for recruitment in jobs.
30th July 2017, 12:05 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs in the field of management. As there are few jobs in government sector for the management field. You can apply for other government jobs like-
Civil services.
Banking Jobs.
Railway jobs.
SC jobs.
Manager jobs. Etc
14th August 2019, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me how can apply or which exam will appeared for these government jobs
4th August 2020, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Iam studying Hotelmanagment bsc degree . any one tell me... can i eligible to Sbi bank jobs
8th August 2020, 05:22 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Can I get a government job after completing hotel management degree?

Yes you can, the eligibility for most of the government jobs is just a degree from a recognised college/ University and if you talk about the NCHMCT(IHM'S) so they are mostly affiliated from IGNOU which is a recognised university. Also
You can apply for post-graduate programmes after you have successfully completed your graduation
7th March 2021, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I had completed bachelor's degree in hotel management so may I eligible for panchayat secretary govt jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?