15th October 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Distance MBA holder is eligible for Indian Economic Service examination?

Tell me that is MBA distance certificate is eligible for indain economic service examination notification of the latest year?

15th October 2014, 11:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Distance MBA holder is eligible for Indian Economic Service examination?

You must have a Post Graduate Degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics for Indian Economic Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Hence, if you have the above qualification from a distance university which is recognized by distance council, then surely you will be eligible for this examination.

The age limit for this examination is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for candidates who belong to reserved category.

SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
OBC : 3 years relaxation
PWD : 10 year relaxation

The selection is based on merit and you have to perform very well in the written examination and personal interview.

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in/general/ies-iss.htm
16th October 2014, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Distance MBA holder is eligible for Indian Economic Service examination?

How can I appear for Indian Economic Service after doing Chartered Accountancy and Company Secretary Course?
16th October 2014, 10:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tell me that is MBA distance certificate is eligible for indain economic service examination notification of the latest year?
IES stands for Indian Economics Service.This is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Applicant should be hold Post graduation course in Economy/Applied Economics/ Econometrics /Business Economics from a recognized University /Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category.

Pattern for Indian Economics Service exam :

(a)General English :- 100 Marks
(b)General Studies :- 100 Marks
(c)General Economics-I :- 200 Marks
(d)General Economics-II :- 200 Marks
(e)General Economics-III :- 200 Marks
(f)General Economics :- 200 Marks

Best Books for Indian Economics Service exam

Macroeconomics Theory And Policy
Author : H L Ahuja
ISBN : 9788121904339
Publisher : S Chand

International Economics
Author : H G Mannur
ISBN : 9780706995862
Publisher : Vikas Publishing

Modern Microeconomics
ISBN : 9788121903745
Publisher : S Chand

Indian Economic Service exam date is not announces yet but it will be announced very soon.

For more details about Indian Economic Services exam, click on the link http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th October 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to apply for this job
What is the procedure
send me the details
16th October 2014, 09:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The Indian Economic Service examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment of the Indian Engineering Services (IES) officer every year. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for the IES officer :-

1.Educational Qualification :-
Candidates who wish to appear for the IES exam must have completed the graduation degree from a recognised university.

2.Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21-30 years of age as on 1st August of the year of Examination. Age relaxation is applicable as per the government rules.

3.Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

4.Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit as per the IES exam notification issued by the UPSC.

Candidates who wish to apply for the IES exam can apply through the UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Candidates will be selected based on their performance in Written Test and Personal Interview rounds.
23rd November 2014, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

MBA Finance does not have more than 2-3 papers related to economics. Can I seat for Indian Economic Service exam with this post graduate degree?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?