1st November 2018, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for UPSC CDS-I Examination 2019?

Dear friends, I am interested to apply for UPSC CDS-I Examination 2019. I would like to know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this recruitment of this year. Can you please let me know about the eligibility criteria asap? Waiting for your response!

7th November 2018, 11:01 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC CDS-I Examination 2019?

You have said that you want to apply for UPSC CDS-I Examination, but you haven't mentioned the for which academy you want to apply for. So, to help you with the proper information I have attached a link below in which you will be able to find the eligibility for all of them. Find the attachment below and go through all the eligibility criteria.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CDS-I Examination.pdf(380.4 KB, 0 views)
7th November 2018, 03:31 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>> Candidate when applying for the posts like OTA and IMA should have the degree from a recognized university or correspondent.

>> Candidate when applying for the posts like Indian Naval Academy posts holds Degree in engineering programme from only a recognized university.

>> Candidate when applying for the posts, the degree from a recognized university with Physics and Math at 12th Level is compulsory.

For more information, you can visit their Official Website www.upsconline.nic.in.
7th November 2018, 06:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CDS is Combined Defence Services.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university for IMA and OTA. B.Tech for Naval academy, bachelor's degree in science or engineering with Mathematics and Physics at 12th level.

2. The age limit is 19-24 years for IMA, 19-25 years for OTA, 20-24 years for AFA and 19-24 years for INA.

Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for CDS exam.

There are two stages written test and SSB.
8th November 2018, 12:46 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to apply for UPSC CDS I Examination 2019:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC CDS I Examination is given below,

Name of the Organization - UPSC

Name of the Examination - Combined Defence Services

>> For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy - Minimum degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

>> For Air Force Academy - Degree of a recognized university. You must have passed with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or else Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized university.

>> For Indian Naval Academy - Degree in Engineering from a recognized university or institution

You may find more details from the official notification that is attached below.

Click here for Official Notification

Click here to Apply Online
8th November 2018, 10:42 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym UPSC CDS stands for Union Public Service Commission Combined Defence Services.

Eligibility criteria for CDS examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. B.E/B.Tech is necessary for INA.

Age limit: 19-24 years for IMA, 19-23 years for INA and 19-25 years for OTA.

Unmarried male and female candidates are allowed to apply.

Candidates are selected on basis of score in written test and Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?