6th April 2018, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment?

Hello, I have heard that West Bengal Police is introduced recruitment of Sub-Inspector. I want to apply in this recruitment. So, can I know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this recruitment?

6th May 2018, 09:30 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for West Bengal Police Sub Inspector Recruitment:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for this West Bengal Police Sub Inspector recruitment is as follows.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent qualification.

>> Minimum age required - 20 years
Maximum age allowed - 27 years
Age Criteria is considered as on 1st January, 2018
Of course, there will be relaxation for reserved category candidates.
For SC/ ST Candidates - 5 years
For OBC Candidates - 3 years
Upper age limit for departmental candidates of West Bengal Police only shall be relaxable upto 35 years.

>> You must be able to speak, read and write in Bengali. This provision will not be applicable to the persons who are permanent residents of hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts.

Click here for More Information
6th May 2018, 11:11 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment?

To be eligible for West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment, you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 20 years to 27 years and age relaxation will be applicable on reserved candidates as per government rules. You must have the ability to read and write in Bengali Language. You can visit the official website at (http://policewb.gov.in) and apply for the recruitment.
6th May 2018, 04:54 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I have heard that West Bengal Police is introduced recruitment of Sub-Inspector. I want to apply in this recruitment. So, can I know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this recruitment?

Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment:

Candidates must be an Indian citizen

Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university

Candidates’ age must not be below 20 years and not more than 27 years as on 01.01.2018. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates of West Bengal only.

Physical Standard:

Sub-Inspector of Police (Unarmed Branch) – Height -167 cm: Weight - 56 kg and Chest – 79 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

Sub-Inspector of Police (Armed Branch) – Height – 173 cm: Weight – 60 Kg and Chest – 86 cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm

Lady Sub-Inspector (UB) – Height – 160 cm: Weight – 48 Kg
7th May 2018, 10:55 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

You are right that West Bengal Police Recruitment Board has issued an official recruitment notification for the post of Sub Inspector in all over the state and if you are interested to apply for this recruitment then you should have following eligibility criteria :

>> Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university

>> Candidate must have reading, writing and speaking knowledge of Bengali

>> Age of the candidate should not be less than 20 years and more than 27 years and upper age relaxation as per govt. rules which is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Minimum Physical Standards Required :

Sub Inspector Unarmed Branches : Height 167 cms Chest 79 cms Weight 56 Kg.

SI UB for Gorkhas, Rajbansis, Garwali and STs : 160, 76 and 52 respectively.

SI Armed Branches - Height 173 cms, chest 86 and weight 60 Kgs and 163 cms, 81 and 54 respectively for other categories mentioned above.

Lady Sub Inspector Police UB -
Height 160 cms weight 48 kgs weight

Chest expansion of minimum 5 cms for male candidates is required in physical standards.

I have attached official notification of this recruitment please download and get more details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf West_Bengal_SI_Recruitment_2018.pdf(404.3 KB, 0 views)
8th May 2018, 09:07 AM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Police Sub-Inspector recruitment:

- The candidate must complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

- The candidate age should lies in between 20 years to 27 years and upper age relaxation will be given for OBC and SC/ST category candidates. Upto 3 years for OBC category and upto 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Physical Standards:

For Male Candidates:

Height-1.67 mtrs.
Weight-51.5 Kgs
Chest-79 cms with a minimum expansion of 5 cms
Vision-Accoring to Health Manual

For Female candidates:

Height-1.60 mtrs.
Weight- 45 Kgs
Vision-According to Health Manual.
9th May 2018, 12:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination was that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 20-27 years as on 01st January 2018.

Candidate must have skills of writing, reading and speaking in Bengali.

The physical criteria varies with gender.

The last date for filling the application was over and now you are not eligible to apply for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?