15th May 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join NDA for a female candidate who is wearing spectacles? Minimum weight requires to join?

Hello,
I am using spectacles and I want to join NDA.
Please tell me that I am able for joining NDA or not.
Please tell me and how much weight is required for NDA?

18th May 2015, 04:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for a female candidate who is wearing spectacles? Minimum weight requires to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am using spectacles and I want to join NDA.
Please tell me that I am able for joining NDA or not.
Please tell me and how much weight is required for NDA?
NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

I have attached a document regarding physical criteria for NDA exam so please check it out. If you have fulfill attached criteria then you are eligible for NDA exam.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 45 views)
18th May 2015, 06:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join NDA for a female candidate who is wearing spectacles? Minimum weight requires to join?

The first thing I would like to inform you is "You are not eligible to appear in NDA Entrance Examination being a female candidate". Yes, Female candidates are not at all eligible to appear in National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Entrance Examination. I would also like to inform you that "Only Unmarried MALE candidates are eligible to appear in NDA & NA Entrance Examination". As female candidates are not eligible to appear in NDA Examination, I am providing required medical standards for male candidates.

Eye Sight: Eye Sight should be good and is 6/6 vision

Minimum Height Required: 157 cms

Chest Required: 5 cms when expanded (Male)

Weight: In general, the minimum required weight is 50 kg and must be proportionate with height.

Gender: Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to appear in NDA and NA Entrance Examination.
18th May 2015, 09:18 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say dear In fact you are not eligible to apply for NDA being a Female candidate. For NDA examination Only Un married Male candidates are only eligible to apply.

For Clear idea about the eligibility criteria you can have a look on the below link.Clickhttp://upsc.gov.in/general/ndana.htm here

Physical Standards required for NDA for Male candidates :

1.Height should be 157 cms for Indian Army and Indian Air Force.Weight should be as per UPSC norms.

2.Uncorrected eyes without glasses : 6/6, 6/9

Corrected with glass : 6/6 ,6/6 .

So If you have still interest on defense sector you can apply for CDS Examination. But you should completed graduation for it.

Age should be 16 1/2 to 19 years for NDA.
18th May 2015, 10:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join in NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Defence Services like Indian Army, Navy and Air Force Wings.

Eligibility Criteria :-
To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Army Wing :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.
--> For Air Force and Naval Wings :- You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Being a Female candidate, you cannot satisfy the eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination.
31st October 2016, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Now I am doing b.com 1 year and I am wearing specs is it possible for me to join in an Army if possible how can I join in a army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?