14th December 2017, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Which exam to clear for getting into Intelligence Bureau sector? Which books should I buy for practice?

Sir, I am the student of class 11, I want to choose Intelligence Bureau sector. I want from you some information, so please tell me the procedure which I can use to clear this exam and also the books which I should I buy for practice from now.

14th December 2017, 11:16 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to clear for getting into Intelligence Bureau sector? Which books should I buy for practice?

In order to get job in Intelligence Bureau, you can follow the below mentioned instructions.

>> Intelligence Bureau issues official notification for filling up vacancies for the post of Administrative Officer or Officer (ACIO) in IB department.

>> or else, you may also apply for Combined Graduation Level Examination's in order to find job in this department.

>> You are required to choose IB (Intelligence Bureau) as the first preference in filling CGL application form.

>> If through CGL, you are required to qualify Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 rounds to get selected finally.

Some of the best books that are to be followed are,
* Lucent's General Knowledge
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal
* A Modern Approach to verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
* Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis ..etc.,
15th December 2017, 05:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam to clear for getting into Intelligence Bureau sector? Which books should I buy for practice?

There are two examinations, one at 10+2 level and other at bachelor's degree level:

1. IB Security Assistant Examination.

2. IB ACIO exam.

After 10+2, you can apply for IB Security Assistant exam. The age limit is 18-30 years.

You should buy following books for practice:

Lucent Static GK book.

R.S Aggarwal Aptitude and Reasoning.

Wren and Martin for English.

Read newspaper for current affairs.
15th December 2017, 06:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply online for Intelligence Bureau. There are various posts on the basis of educational qualification.
First of all you have to complete Intermediate to be eligible for this.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a holder of Intermediate/graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should be 18 years to 28 years for Intermediate level and 21 years to 30 years for graduate level posts.
Candidate must have attained at least 60% aggregate for Intermediate and 45% aggregate for graduate level.

Books preferred are:-
Maths- R.S.Agrawal
English- common error of BSC
Gk- Lucent, unique.
Reasoning- R.S Agrawal
15th December 2017, 07:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

As per your present qualification, you are eligible for Security Assistant Examination of Intelligence Bureau. The academic qualification for IB Security Assistant exam is that candidate must have passed senior secondary board exam from a recognized board.

The age limit for IB Assistant exam is 18-30 years. There is no present notification for this post in IB. You should buy Arihant Publication Books for proper studies of reasoning, general studies and aptitude.
15th December 2017, 07:46 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Intelligence Bureau sector every year release various vacancies. And the syllabus of IBs examination is totally same as SSC CGL examination.

Eligibility criteria for IB examination are:-
Age limit 21 years to 28 years.
Candidate must have passed graduation with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.
15th December 2017, 09:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to join Intelligence Bureau sector, you need to qualify CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination which is conducted every year by SSC. Those candidates who have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, are eligible to apply for SSC CGL examination. Age of the candidates must not be less than 21 years and more than 27 years. Candidates appearing for their final examination are also eligible to apply for the aforesaid examination.
Below I have listed name of books which you can refer to practice for the exam:
>SSC CGL TIER 2 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SOLVED PAPER, by KIRAN PUBLICATION
>SSC Mathematics Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers 1999 - April 2017 - English - 1905, by Kiran Prakashan
>SSC CGL Tier-1 Pre Examination 2017, by Arihant Expert
>SSC Combined Graduate Level Mains Exam Tier-II 2017, by Arihant Experts
>Master Guide SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 Examination 2017, by Arihant Experts
15th December 2017, 11:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Candidates those who have completed their bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the SSC CGL examination.
Candidates age must be in between 21 to 27 years.
Final year candidates are also eligible for the examination.

Below I have listed name of books which you can refer to practice for the exam:
  • SSC CGL Tier-1 Pre Examination 2017, by Arihant Expert
  • SSC Combined Graduate Level Mains Exam Tier-II 2017, by Arihant Experts
  • SSC CGL TIER 2 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SOLVED PAPER, by KIRAN PUBLICATION
  • SSC Mathematics Chapterwise & Typewise Solved Papers 1999 - April 2017 - English - 1905, by Kiran Prakashan
  • Master Guide SSC Combined Graduate Level Tier 1 Examination 2017, by Arihant Experts
12th January 2018, 11:00 AM
babytara

Post Re: Which exam to clear for getting into Intelligence Bureau sector? Which books should I buy for practice?

You can get job in INTELLIGENCE BUREAU: as assistant general officer through offline exam.

AGE LIMIT: Candidates age should be between 18-30 years. Age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC upto 5 years.

Qualification: Candidates must have completed graduation in any stream from recognized university.

Selection process
1. Objective OMR based exam
2. Descriptive exam- English essay writing, letter writing.
3. Interview.

BOOKS
1. Reasoning- R. S. AGGERWAL, KIRAN publication books for IB Assistant general workbook
2. Quantitative - M. TYRA, FASTTRACK Math book
3. English- S.P. Bokshi.
4. General studies- Lucent, Speedy general studies.

Attached a general science book PDF which help you in exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mathwonders.pdf(4.03 MB, 20 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?