1st February 2017, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

How to become a CBI officer after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hi, I am Roopesh. I am 21 years old, I have diploma in mechanical engineering qualification. I am very much interested to become a CBI officer. Can you please tell me the procedure? My height is 176, and weight is 80. Is it possible to join CBI?

1st February 2017, 10:38 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become a CBI officer after diploma in mechanical engineering?

As per my knowledge Diploma candidate are not eligible for CBI exam.

For joining CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam. Which is stands for Combined Graduate preliminary Exam.

To eligible ghis exam you should be finished your graduation in any stream with good percentage of mark in recognized university.
1st February 2017, 10:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a CBI officer after diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, you cannot become an Officer in Central Bureau of Investigation department after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. The basic educational qualification required for becoming an officer in CBI department is Bachelor Degree or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

As Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course is not equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you are not eligible to become CBI officer. I suggest you to pursue or complete Graduation first in order to be eligible for this recruitment. You can appear in CGL Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) in order to apply for this recruitment.
2nd February 2017, 08:14 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a CBI( Central Bureau Of investigation) officer the candidate who have completed his/her graduation from any recognized University are eligible and those who are in final year are also eligible.
Physical requirement:
Eyesight:
Distant vision-6/6 one 6/9 other side.
Near vision- 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye
Chest 76cms for men and there is no such requirement for female candidates.
Height 165cms-men
Height 155cms-women. The weight should be according to your height, however minimum weight requirement is 48kgs.
The candidate needs to appear for SSC CGL exams and UPSC exam to become a CBI officer. Selected candidates will be eligible to appear for main exam then for an interview round.
The age of the candidate must be between 20 to 27 years.
3rd February 2017, 01:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Roopesh. I am 21 years old, I have diploma in mechanical engineering qualification. I am very much interested to become a CBI officer. Can you please tell me the procedure? My height is 176, and weight is 80. Is it possible to join CBI?
Procedure for CBI entrance exam:-

1)SSC CGL Tier I
2)SSC CGL Tier II
3)Medical Test
4)Personal Interview

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.

To join CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate Level preliminary exam which is conducted by SSC board every year. Those candidate who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University with any discipline are eligible for CBI exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?