21st July 2016, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu?

Hi, Mam/Sir, I'm Indhu, now I'm doing my literature degree. What should I want to do to become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu? What exams I should write? Please provide me full detail about the whole process of becoming an IAS officer.

21st July 2016, 09:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu?

Procedure to become an IAS Officer in Tamil Nadu:

In order to become an IAS officer, you are required to appear in Civil Services Examination (CSE) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. There are many services come under UPSC CSE and among them top most services are,
> Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
> Indian Police Service (IPS)
> Indian Forest Services ..etc.,

In general, an officer selected into Indian Administrative Services gets an exposure in several roles like head of public sector units, commissioner, Cabinet secretary, Chief Secretary, Collector etc.,

CSE Examination consists of 3 phases basically and they are,
() Preliminary Examination
() Main Examination
and
() Interview

So you are required to qualify the above 3 rounds in order to become an IAS officer.
22nd July 2016, 12:02 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S officer in any state or UT candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, after your degree you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final selection for job.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2016, 07:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. There is only entrance examination after clearing which you can become collector and this examination is conducted at national level. UPSC conducts this exam and is called Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this exam.

2. Age limit for examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You will have to clear preliminary examination, mains and interview.
22nd July 2016, 11:07 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu, you have to appear in Indian Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You should have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You should be within the age of 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview
22nd July 2016, 01:43 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, Mam/Sir, I'm Indhu, now I'm doing my literature degree. What should I want to do to become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu? What exams I should write? Please provide me full detail about the whole process of becoming an IAS officer.

To become an IAS Officer the candidates should clear the Civil Services Examinations conducted by the UPSC. The UPSC Civil Services examination is divided in to three parts; they are Preliminary examinations, Mains Examination and Interview section. The candidates with graduation in any discipline can appear for preliminary examinations. The maximum age limit is 32 years for general category candidates. The people who will clear preliminary examinations will be allowed to attend main examinations and those pass main examinations will be allowed to attend interview. The UPSC website link is Click Here
22nd July 2016, 01:45 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become the Indian Administrative Service officer you must be a graduate from a recognized university. There are two ways to become IAS first is to face Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission & it will conduct only for Tamil Nadu candidates. Second is to face Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission at all India level. It is not so easy to become that you must study very hard. have to go through exams & interview. Every year they announce for the recruitment. First complete your degree then apply. I have attached the UPSC notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 137 views)
22nd July 2016, 02:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S officer candidates have to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is among the toughest examination and it requires better determination, dedication and devotion to qualify in examination

The examination is conducted for recruitment in I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.So, you have to qualify in all stages of examination for the selection.

The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

Candidates have to qualify in each of the stages to appear in next stage. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2016, 08:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming an IAS officer you need to crack UPSC civil services exam. There will be preliminary and mains exam stage which will be written and last stage is interview.

You just need a degree to become eligible for this exam. Selection is purely based on merit and you need to perform well in all the three stages if the exam.
22nd July 2016, 10:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. All India entrance examination for services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc is conducted by UPSC and is called Civil Services examination. The eligibility criteria for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this examination.

The age limit for this examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category. There are three stages of this examination. First stage is preliminary then mains examination and final stage is interview. You are eligible to apply for examination after completion of literature degree.
2nd January 2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I'm completing bsc computer science. I want to ias officer in tamilnadu. Whatever I'll do? If I'm write the ias exam in Tamil language?
10th June 2017, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I'm dharshini from tamilnadu I have finished my M.E at Electrical engineering.. I want to become an IPS officer can you please help me.. How to study and what to study.
13th June 2017, 09:15 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: How to become an IAS officer in Tamil Nadu?

You can become an IAS officer in tamilnadu so that you should first need to complete a degree from a recognised institution after that you should appear for civil services examination conducted by union public service commission which is conducted in three stages they were preliminary, mains and interview after getting passed with top ranks you can start your career as an IAS officer in tamilnadu
9th July 2017, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Good morning sir/madam, Now i completed my undergraduate degree and my target is to be an ias officer. Will you please guide me ,which is the best path to crack ias and it's possible through tnpsc or upsc
22nd November 2017, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Aircraft maintenance engineering in Hindustan university. Am I eligible to write UPSC Civil service examination. Can someone help me in this please???
15th May 2018, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am William Branham, i am finished my hsc studies. I Want to become an IAS officer, but i'm from poor family, is it possible for me to become an IAS Officer. How can i write,where can i write.and full details need for me.please send and help me through my email: [email protected] you!
11th July 2018, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

I am completed engineering I want to become IAS officer kindly advise me the procedure to write this exam

[email protected]
4th July 2020, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

How the govt select the ias after writing civil exams
9th May 2021, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I want know which is the best coaching in tamilanadu
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?