4th August 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

How can a girl candidate join CDS at 17 years age?

I am a girl of 17 years old. I want to join CDS which has minimum qualification of graduation. I had passed my 12th class by PCM. Now combined by the rules I have to be graduate first. How can i join CDS now?

please reply me fast as much as u can.... thank you

4th August 2015, 11:00 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can a girl candidate join CDS at 17 years age?

No, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination. To apply for CDS examination, you should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years.

So, after completing graduation, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination. To apply for this examination, you must have a minimum age of 19 years.
4th August 2015, 11:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, girls are not eligible to join in CDS at the age of 17 years being a 12th qualified candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in CDS examination it's completion of Graduation or equivalent from a recognized university. Eligibility criteria required too appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Naval Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate to be eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
5th August 2015, 12:33 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria to Join CDS Services:

Combined Defense Services comes under Union Public Service Commission and to join CDS you must have to first meet the required eligibility criteria. As far as your present qualifications are concerned, you are NOT eligible to appear in CDS Examination.

Educational Qualification required:

>> For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering is required

>> For IMA and OTA: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent

>> For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and / or Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:

@ For Indian Military Academy: 19 to 24 years
@ For Air Force Academy: 19 to 23 years
@ For Naval Academy: 19 to 22 years
@ For Officer's Training Academy: 19 to 25 years

Since you have not met the required eligibility criteria, you are not eligible to apply for CDS now. The minimum age required is 19 years where as, your age is 17 years still. So I suggest you to complete Graduation first, so that your age would be 20 years by the time you complete Graduation.

Click here for CDS Exam Pattern and Selection Process
5th August 2015, 12:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a girl of 17 years old. I want to join CDS which has minimum qualification of graduation. I had passed my 12th class by PCM. Now combined by the rules I have to be graduate first. How can i join CDS now?

After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
5th August 2015, 02:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the CDS examination at the age of 17years. CDS stands for the Combined Defence Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for the recruitment in the defence services.

The minimum qualification to appear for the CDS examination is graduation passed candidates with age 19 years or above can appear.

So you need to wait for the above qualification to appear for the CDS examination which is conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB.

For more information about the examination pattern and syllabus you can visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2015, 02:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defense Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission examination twice every year.

It gives you opportunities to join different academies of defense like:

>>Indian Military Academy.: Age limit: 19-24 years.

>>Indian Naval Academy: 19-22 years.

>>Officer's Training academy: 19-25 years.

>>Airforce Academy: 19-23 years.

Eligibility criteria for the different academies are:

For IMA and OTA, degree from a recognized university. For Naval academy, bachelor of science with physics and mathematics or bachelor of engineering. For Airforce academy, bachelor's degree with Physics or mathematics or bachelor of engineering.

So, you can see from educational qualification and age limit that minimum of 19 years and bachelor's degree is required to apply for the Combined Defense Services. At the age of 17 years, you are not eligible for the Combined defense.

First do your bachelor's degree and attain the age of 19 years then only you can apply for the exam. There is no thing to worry about being female candidate as both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply for the exam.
5th August 2015, 02:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not apply for the Combined Defense Exam at the age of 17 years because the minimum age required to apply for the CDS exam is 19 years and upper age limit is different for different academies like:

~~IMA: 24 years.

~~INA; 22 years.

~~AFA: 23 years.

~~OTA: 25 years.

Other than age criteria, you must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university to apply for the exam. As you are 10+2 passed, you are not eligible to apply for the exam.
5th August 2015, 02:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No, you are not eligible for CDS exam regarding the needed eligibility standards for the exam. You are not satisfying the needed educational and age criteria for the exam.

The needed educational qualification is that candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university. Regarding the age limit, candidate need to have 19-22 years for joining in Indian Navy and for joining in other forces it is that, candidate should have 19-24 years for IMA, 19-23 years for IAF and 19-25 years for OTA.

Both Men and female candidates are eligible for applying for the exam.

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2015, 03:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No,with the 17 years of age you are not eligible to join the defence services. Being a girl you are eligible to appear for the CDS ( Combined Defence Services ) examination conducted twice every year by the UPSC.

To appear for the CDS the basis qualification is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between 19-24 as according to the different wings.

So you have to first complete your graduation to appear for the examination. Candidates need to qualify in the examination for the final selection in the defence jobs. The examination is conducted in the two stages.

It is mandatory to qualify in each of the stages for the final selection. The two stages are Written and the SSB. The SSB is five- ten day procedure and only written passed candidates are eligible for it.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2015, 05:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You can't apply for CDS at the age of 17 years.
Age of candidate must be atleast 19 years.

Age Limit is provided below :

19-24 Years : Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years : Naval Academy
19-23 Years : Air Force Academy
19-25 Years : Officers’ Training Academy

To apply for CDS just visit : http://upsc.gov.in
After completion of application process, you have to go through following steps :

Written exams
SSB interview
Medical Test
For syllabus please go through the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAMINATION.pdf(34.8 KB, 23 views)
5th August 2015, 09:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CDS age limit is between 19 to 25 years and you must be a graduate for it. Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

At present you are not eligible for it. First you need to have qualification then age for becoming eligible. For 17 year old girl there is no entry in defence jobs. Hence, complete your studies and later you will surely be eligible for it.
5th August 2015, 11:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held by UPSC twice every year for the recruitment of officers in defense field.

CDS has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air Force Academy ( IAF ), Indian Military Academy( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

The eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 22 years for NA, 19 years to 23 years for IAF, 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

* You must have a bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university. For NA or IAF wing your bachelor degree must be with either of mentioned subjects that are Physics/ Mathematics/ Engineering course.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service norms.

Yes being a girl candidate you are eligible for the same examination but you must satisfy the general eligibility criteria mentioned as above.

The examination is held in two stage which are called as Written examination and Service Selection board interview respectively.

For more information about the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?