19th April 2016, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an Officer in Indian Army being 11th standard student?

Sir,
I am learning in 11th standard and I love to join Indian Army. I will join Indian Army but my problem is, I want to join as an Officer in Indian Army. Please guide me.

21st April 2016, 09:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Officer in Indian Army being 11th standard student?

To join in Indian Army as an officer, you must have to appear in CDS examination. To be eligible to appear in CDS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have not completed Graduation course, being a 11th standard student, you are not eligible to join as an officer in Indian Army.
21st April 2016, 11:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Officer in Indian Army being 11th standard student?

For joining as an officer you need to apply for UPSC NDA exam after completion of class 12th. You should be aged between 16.5 to 19.5 years and must be an unmarried male.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and SSB interview conducted by UPSC. Therefore, just be prepared for this exam which is conducted twice in a year.
21st April 2016, 11:53 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To pursue your career in Indian Army, you need to appear for National defence academy examination (NDA).

To be eligible to for NDA, the candidate have to pass class 12 examination from a recognized board of education.

You can also appear for Combined defence service examination (CDS) after completion of your graduation from a recognized university.
22nd April 2016, 11:06 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army as an officer i.e; lieutenant basically you have two options one is the entry through NDA and other is through CDS.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and both these academies are meant for providing training to the applicants who manages to clear their respective entrance examination i.e; NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination.

Both these entrance examinations are held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

--> For appearing in the both examination you must have the qualifications given below :-

* Nationality :-

For both these examination ( for joining Indian Army wing ), you must have the nationality of India or Nepal or Bhutan.

* Age limit :-

For NDA, you must be a male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For CDS, your age must be within 19 years to 24 years.

* Educational Qualification :-

For NDA, you must have completed your higher secondary school degree or any degree equivalent to same with any subject from a recognized institute.

For CDS, you must have completed your bachelor degree course with any subject from a recognized university.

* Also for both these examinations, the physical fitness is required for must.

For more details about the same examinations, you can refer to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?