30th March 2015, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

How much typing speed is needed per minute to qualify SSC Stenographer Skill Test?

Sir,
I want to know that in
SSC Stenographer Skill Test,
what number of typing speed
is requires in one minute?
Please let me know immediately.

8th April 2015, 11:38 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much typing speed is needed per minute to qualify SSC Stenographer Skill Test?

After successful completion of Written Test of SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D Recruitment, qualified candidates will be called for Stenographer Skill Test. Firstly there is a dictation conducted for 10 minutes in English or Hindi,

* At the speed of 100 words per minute - For Stenographer Grade C Posts

* At the speed of 80 words per minute - For Stenographer Grade D Posts

After this, the matter have to be transcribed on computer only and the transcription time for Stenographer Grade D and Grade C are as follows.

Transcription Time for various posts:

>> Stenographer Grade D Posts - In Hindi (65 minutes) and In English (50 minutes)

>> Stenographer Grade C Posts - In Hindi (55 minutes) and In English (40 minutes).
8th April 2015, 04:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much typing speed is needed per minute to qualify SSC Stenographer Skill Test?

SSC STENOGRAPHER EXAM :

Candidate will be given a dictation of 10 minutes in English/Hindi.

For Grade C : speed must be above 100 words per minute
For Grade D : speed must be above 80 words per minute.

No educational or professional certificate is required for stenography test.
9th April 2015, 12:46 AM
poojasingh151

To clearify the SSC Stenographer Skill Test, Candidates should follow procedures:
1. At first candidates should listen the text carefully, which will be read by a person and that person will read 100 words per minutes for 10 minutes, then candidates have to write down the text in their notebook. Then you need to type that text which are written in your notebook. Times are given below:
For Grade D:
Typing speed should be 20 word per minutes for Englishand 16 wpm for Hindi.
For Grade C:
Typing speed should be 25wpm for English and 19 wpm for Hindi.
Note:
*This skill test is marks will not add with final marks, the exam is only qualifying types.
* And one more thing, Candidates should select only one language for typing ( English or Hindi).
9th April 2015, 07:12 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

SSC conducts stenographer examination every year and all those candidates applies this examination who learns stenography and shorthand techniques to write matters in coding manner with the help of shorthand skills and if you are interested to become a stenographer through SSC examination then you will have to qualify following stages :

Written Examination :
Written test is consist of 150 marks in which 100 questions for 100 marks will be asked on English Language and 50 marks will be for 50 questions on General Knowledge.

Qualifying in this test is necessary and there are two disciplines on which, you may qualify examination.

80 WPM - Word Per Minute and 100 WPM - Word Per Minute so if you secure higher marks then you will be selected under 100 WPM discipline and candidates scoring less marks will be under 80 WPM.

Candidates who prefers 80 WPM speed in application form and secure higher marks than that of required for 100 WPM so they will be eligible for both 80 and 100 WPM speed test.

Now there will be another three stages to qualify for the job which are following :

Writing skills in 80/100 WPM discipline - If you are qualified under 80 WPM discipline then the officer will speak a paragraph with the speed of minimum 80 WPM and you have to write that paragraph on notepad given by the commission on the test center.

You will have to write that paragraph in coding or shorthand manner then only you will be able to write the paragraph completely.

After completion of paragraph, candidates will be required to type that paragraph on computer system within the time given and minimum typing speed must be 30 WPM.

If you successfully write that paragraph on computer system then you will be asked to write few lines of the paragraph on a paper in your own handwriting and your test will be completed and you will be allowed to go.

While this test, your original documents will be checked so you must be ready for everything.
9th April 2015, 09:54 AM
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I want to know that in
SSC Stenographer Skill Test,
what number of typing speed
is requires in one minute?
Please let me know immediately.
SSC conducts stenographer exams every year, first have clear the written examination, after that candidate have to appear for the skill test in stenographer. Following eligibility requires for Skill test :
1. For stenographer Group D
Skill test will be on computer
Dictation : 10 Minutes @ 80 WPM
Transcription : 50 Minutes (English)
65 Minutes (Hindi)
2. For stenographer Group C
Skill test will be on computer
Dictation : 10 Minutes @ 100 WPM
Transcription : 45 Minutes (English)
55 Minutes (Hindi)
I have also attached a pdf file of skill test instruction published by SSC
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Instruction_ Stenography.pdf(19.1 KB, 756 views)
9th April 2015, 06:58 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

First of all,You have to pass the SSC Written Test then you will be able for typing test.The SSC conducts stenographer exams per year.There are two Grade as Group-C and Group-D.The Speed of typing should be:-

For Stenographer Grade C Posts::100 words per minute

For Stenographer Grade D Posts::80 words per minute

After this, the matter have to be transcribed on computer only and the transcription time for Stenographer Grade D and Grade C are as follows.

Transcription Time for various posts:

For Stenographer Grade D Posts - In Hindi (65 minutes) and In English (50 minutes)

For Stenographer Grade C Posts - In Hindi (55 minutes) and In English (40 minutes).

These are the typing speeds for Stenographers post.So practice well and clear this test.
BEST OF LUCK
4th August 2015, 02:11 PM
Radha 1433

The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography at 100 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ &’D’ respectively
18th December 2016, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Is there is need any certificate which support that i learn shorthand and typing after qualifying ssc stenographer exam.
12th October 2017, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I want to know is shorthand necessary for exam?
And is the dictation sheet submitted and checked?
I don't know shorthand and will definitely qualify the exam and my speed in coding language is good.
20th September 2018, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

For hindi and English, i dont understand the timing.....you say firstly 100 wpm... And on other hand 40 min... I don't understand.. Please explain?
2nd August 2019, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

In CA state Bar exam how much typing speed is necessary to complete the papers in time
11th February 2022, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, So the dictation will be of 10m and then transcribed it in short hand of that previously dictated right?
Another thing is, it says it is CBE(here it is your provider or we have to bring our own equipment)? Also the first exam is of written exam here a little confusion please!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?