12th April 2016, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India?

Is it mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India? What are the government jobs in India which doesn't need Hindi at all? Can you please list me down those jobs and let me know what steps I need to follow for the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to take Hindi subject in school for applying any kind of Government job in future?
  2. Will I get a Government job after completion of B.A Hindi?
  3. How to get a job in central government as Hindi Translator after completing M.E Hindi and Translation courrse?
  4. Is there any government teaching job available in Odhisha after completion of Hindi Ratna? -- [New]
  5. Is it necessary to study Hindi to apply for government jobs?
  6. Am I eligible to get the Hindi teacher job in Government school with 54% marks in graduation?
  7. Is it necessary to study Hindi language to apply for government jobs in India?
  8. Is it necessary to have Hindi subject in 9th and 10th standard for getting a government job?
  9. After Hindi Ratna is there any government teacher job in Odisha? How many government/private institutes are available in Odisha for Hindi B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can BA (Hindi) graduates apply for Hjndi Traslator job under Government sector?
  11. Is it important to study Hindi at 10th for government jobs?
  12. Is PhD course work mandatory for Faculty job in India?
  13. Is it necessary to opt for Hindi subject for to get Government job in future?
  14. Am I eligible for government job without Hindi?
  15. After Hindi Shashtri is there any government Teacher job in Odisha? Syllabus for Hindi B.Ed entrance exam Odisha?
  16. Is learning Hindi till 10th std, have any importance in getting government jobs in India?
  17. Hindi Translator recruitment is available in Government sector for Hindi postgraduate?
  18. Is it mandatory to do graduation and higher secondary studies in the same subject to take the government teaching job?
12th April 2016, 11:22 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India?

No, it is not mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India.

As any language is necessary for communication. Therefore, as Hindi is national language of India. It is expected every citizen to be familiar with Hindi language for communication purpose.

All government jobs have employees from different states and have different languages. So, every citizen can easily communicate through Hindi language as most of the citizens know Hindi language.
13th April 2016, 02:22 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India?

You should know a little bit of Hindi but it is not necessary. Our country has different states and every state has its own language. But it is not possible to learn every language then if you know English then it will be ok but if you know Hindi it will help you in various states. That is why it is important to know a little bit of Hindi also.
13th April 2016, 02:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to have knowledge of Hindi to get a government jobs.

As, to get most of government jobs you just have to appear and qualify in all the stages of examination i.e written and interview.

So, you can appear for examination and the question paper in examination contains question in both English and Hindi. So no doubt you can appear and qualify in examination.
14th April 2016, 12:37 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India? What are the government jobs in India which doesn't need Hindi at all? Can you please list me down those jobs and let me know what steps I need to follow for the same?

Thank you!
No, it is not mandatory to know Hindi for getting a government job in India. You can get many government jobs without knowing Hindi also. It is not compulsory to know Hindi for various state government jobs. But you should know the state government language like Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi etc. For getting a job you need to have the required qualification which may vary from one post to other. So you can apply for government jobs without knowing Hindi.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?