3rd May 2017, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Is my SMU distance degree valid for getting a government job?

I and my brother have done BBA from Sikkim Manipal University session. I just want to know that: Is our degree valid for government service and further studies as per Sikkim High court judgement dated on 26 June 2015? I and my brother have already been doing cs executive programme after completion our graduation in 2014 and 2015 respectively. My brother also passed CS foundation. Please guide us we are very confused regarding government job and further studies as per high court judgement that is our degree valid or not?

4th May 2017, 09:38 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my SMU distance degree valid for getting a government job?

Yes, Degree from SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) is absolutely valid for getting for Government based job opportunities. Sikkim Manipal University is a public private university that is located in Sikkim. And this Sikkim Manipal University is affiliated to Association of Indian Universities.

As it is affiliated to the Association of Indian University, and is well known for several distance learning or distance education courses like,

* BCA
* M.Sc in IT
* MBA
* MCA
* BBA...etc.,

>> I am sure getting a certificate or degree from this Sikkim Manipal University is valid for appearing in government based jobs.

>> And you are required to score merit marks in Government recruitment examination in order to get selected finally.
4th May 2017, 11:51 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per Sikkim High court judgement dated on 26 June 2015, the court said that degree of all those students will be ‘protected’ who had completed their course before 2011-12; others who had started their programme prior to 2011-12 and those admitted for the programmes any day after February 22, 2013, till June 26, 2015.
Hence, your degree is valid for any government job.
4th May 2017, 01:45 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I and my brother have done BBA from Sikkim Manipal University session. I just want to know that: Is our degree valid for government service and further studies as per Sikkim High court judgement dated on 26 June 2015? I and my brother have already been doing cs executive programme after completion our graduation in 2014 and 2015 respectively. My brother also passed CS foundation. Please guide us we are very confused regarding government job and further studies as per high court judgement that is our degree valid or not?

Yes, the SMU distance degree is valid for getting government jobs. Government of India has approved the degree programs offered by Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) through distance education for central government jobs. Therefore, you can apply for UPSC or any other higher studies or for government jobs after completion of a degree from SMU distance education.

Link to the letter of current recognition status from UGC is given Click Here

Link to the Official Notification of Government of India is given Click Here
4th May 2017, 02:56 PM
kalamrockz

SMU university is a recognized university and getting you degree from there will not be a problem for you in future. Therefore, if you have completed your education from there, I am sure you will not be facing an issue while applying for government job in future.

Therefore, I request you to concentrate on your preparation and do not think of anything apart from that and I am sure you will do well in your examination.
4th May 2017, 02:58 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the degrees received from SMU is valid for getting government jobs. Sikkim Manipal University is well recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission) and is also approved by DEC (Distance Education Council). So, the degrees which you and your brother have received are valid for government jobs. The courses completed from an institute which is approved by UGC and DEC are valid for all government jobs and hence, there is nothing to worry about just go and start applying for government jobs.
4th May 2017, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I am completed BA degree through Distance mode from Maulana Azad National University Hyderabad and doing MA Urdu from this University. What I am eligible for government jobs if yes please tell me soon as possible..........
4th May 2017, 11:46 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, Sikkim Manipal University degree is equivalent to the graduation degree. So your degree will be considered as equivalent to the graduation degree hence you are eligible to write the government examination and your degree is totally valid.
5th May 2017, 01:40 AM
khanexpert

Yes, SMU degree is valid for getting a government job. Therefore, if you have a degree from the above mentioned university, you should just prepare well for your government examination and appear for it.

Just try to score well in your graduation.
5th May 2017, 01:41 AM
khanexpert

Yes, SMU degree is valid for getting a government job. Therefore, if you have a degree from the above mentioned university, you should just prepare well for your government examination and appear for it.

Just try to score well in your graduation.
9th July 2017, 01:14 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
YES,

SMUDE degree are valid for the employment in private sectors as well as in government sectors. Government have approved their degree program to be valid and acceptable in Central Government jobs in India.
11th July 2017, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

I have done my MBA from sikkim manipal university in the year 2006.cleared ugc net. Kindly tell me shall I apply for assistant professor job in govt degree colleges
15th March 2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my bachelors degree from smu through distance mode(2010-2013)....I just want to know is my degree valid for govt job in jammu and kashmir..plzz tell me
30th May 2020, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir Mam I am student of Sikkim Manipal Uni. permanent resident of State Punjab Distt Rupnagar obtained degree through distance education mode from SMU DE at authorised learning center location Una Himachal Pradesh in the session of feb2011 to nov 2014. I am seeking clarification on the judgement of honble high court & honble supreme court s statement.
Question .kindly detail me for my SMU DE academic session are began 2011- 12 & completed in 2014- 2015 has protected valid or in future???? thanks
30th May 2020, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

kindly detail me regarding judgement of SC/HC for SMU DE academic session which are began 2011 -12 & completed in 2014 -2015 has protected valid or not???
I am confused regarding 1 & 2 points of judgement.pls
2nd June 2020, 12:04 PM
HGK7

Post Re: Is my SMU distance degree valid for getting a government job?

Hi dear,

SMU university is a recognized university and getting you degree from there will not be a problem for you in future. Therefore, if you have completed your education from there, I am sure you will not be facing an issue while applying for government job in future.

All the best!!
14th July 2020, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am ALVINE ONTCHOUMA, Former student and graduate with a bachelor degree in business administration, BBA program from fall september 2013 to august 2016,in Ghana branch.
I am actually working as Deputy Chief of Staff in a chinese company called DAMENG CITIC,C.I.C.M.H.Z.
is that fair that i should paid USD 457.142 per month?
7th September 2021, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

I completed my bca degree from Sikkim manipal uni. Distance edu in 2014 . But punjab govt not allowed this type uni for punjab govt jobs. Punjab govt not allowed other state distance course. And psssb dept reject my documents bca degree at the time of counseling. Worst University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?