15th August 2016, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Which optional subject to choose in IAS exam, History Public Relation or anything else?

I am little confused about optional subject because I have graduated with BA (PRO) history and sanskrit was my discipline subject. So, should I select history, or another subject like public administration. Please send me the details at emai [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Which Coaching center is good for IAS Exam? Which Optional subject should I opt for this Exam between History and Geography?
  2. Which Optional subject should I choose for Civil Services exam?
  3. Can I choose History of Arts subject in IAS mains exam as optional subject?
  4. Suitable optional subjects in IAS exam for Commerce student? -- [New]
  5. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
  6. Which optional subject can I choose in IAS exam being M.Sc in Mathematics holder?
  7. Which NCERT books should I refer for optional subjects like History and Public Administration for UPSC exam?
  8. Can I choose Indian History and Mathematics as optional subject in mains exam of IAS
  9. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  10. Which paper should I select in UPSC after graduating with commerce?
  11. Which subject is more relevant to History as Optional subject for UPSC Exam?
  12. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  13. Can I select management subject in mains exam of IAS if I have selected Public Administration as optional in prelims?
  14. I am a student of ECE : Am I eligible for IAS with optional subject as History?
  15. Can I choose human rights(1st subject) with public administration as a optional subjects in Indian Administrative Exams(IAS)?
  16. Which subject to choose in RAS pre and main exam?
  17. If I am doing BSc Horticulture which optional to choose for IAS exam?
  18. Which optional to choose for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
15th August 2016, 07:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which optional subject to choose in IAS exam, History Public Relation or anything else?

If you are good in History and have better knowledge in it. It will be better for you to select the optional paper as History.

Most of candidates get confused in opting the optional paper for examination and which makes a huge disadvantages to them.

So, I think you must be careful while selecting the optional paper as candidate need to select the one in which they have more interest instead of getting in rumor while selecting it.
15th August 2016, 07:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which optional subject to choose in IAS exam, History Public Relation or anything else?

The marks obtained in optional subject plays a vital role in final selection of candidates in Civil Services examination. So, selection of optional subject in Civil Services mains examination should be done as per interest.

From my point of view, a candidate must select subject which he/she has studied in bachelor's degree so that it will help in preparation of mains optional paper well. You must select History. It is a subject which requires memorization but is very scoring also.
15th August 2016, 08:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It depends on your interest that in which subject you are interested. In optional you must have to gain deep and thorough study in that subject.
Some of the following options are as under:-
History
Political Science
Geography
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Economics
English
Hindi
Psychology
Sociology
Home Science
Agriculture Science
Computer Science
Accounts
Income Tax
Business Management
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?