21st September 2015, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to appear and examination date of CDS entrance exam? Posts available in CDS for B.Tech(EE) graduate?

Hello Everyone,
I want to give CDS entrance exam. I want to know about the posts available in CDS. I am a B.Tech(EE) graduate so what post I get in CDS? Kindly anyone tell me when is the next CDS exam going to held and what are the requirements for attending CDS exam?

24th September 2015, 08:06 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Requirements to appear and examination date of CDS entrance exam? Posts available in CDS for B.Tech(EE) graduate?

CDS i.e Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

Indian Military Academy: The candidate should have completed graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have attained the age of 19 years to 24 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Those who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. No standing backlogs are allowed.

Indian Naval Academy: The candidate should have completed B.Sc degree in Physics or Mathematics or Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have attained the age of 19 years to 22 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Those who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. No standing backlogs are allowed.

Indian Air Force Academy: The candidate should have completed degree in mathematics or physics from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have attained the age of 19 years to 23 years. Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Those who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. No standing backlogs are allowed.

Officer Training Academy: The candidate should have completed graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have attained the age of 19 years to 25 years. Unmarried male/female candidates are eligible to apply. Those who have appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. No standing backlogs are allowed.

As per your qualification, you are eligible to apply for all the posts in CDS examination.

Important Dates:

Date of Notification: 25.07.2015
Last date for receipt of application: 14.08.2015
Date of Examination: 01.11.2015

Next Exam Notification will be published in the month of December or January in the official website of UPSC !!! as well as Employment Newspaper.
24th September 2015, 08:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to appear and examination date of CDS entrance exam? Posts available in CDS for B.Tech(EE) graduate?

Requirements (or) Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CDS Entrance Exam:

If you are pursuing B.Tech (EEE) final year or if you have completed B.Tech (EEE) then you are certainly eligible to appear in Combined Defense Services Examinations. The basic educational qualification required to appear in CDS Examination "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The basic educational qualification required are given below. Since you are a B.Tech Graduate, you are eligible to apply for all the below mentioned cadets available in CDS.

Educational Qualification:

@ For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

@ For Naval Academy: B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering

@ For Air Force Academy: B.Sc with Physics and / Or Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering

Age Criteria:

* Naval Academy -> 19 to 22 years
* Indian Military Academy -> 19 to 24 years
* Air Force Academy -> 19 to 23 years
* Officer Training Academy -> 19 to 25 years

Posts Available in CDS for B.Tech (EEE) Candidates:

There are many cadres in CDS namely Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy.

CDS Important Dates: ( Examination conducted twice a year)

* Issue of CDS Notification: August and March
* Conduct of CDS Examination: February and August
24th September 2015, 11:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I want to give CDS entrance exam. I want to know about the posts available in CDS. I am a B.Tech(EE) graduate so what post I get in CDS? Kindly anyone tell me when is the next CDS exam going to held and what are the requirements for attending CDS exam?
Important Tentative Dates for UPSC CDS 2016 Exam I and II

CDS I 2016 Exam

Starting date of CDS online registration – 7th November 2015
Last Date of Apply Online form – 4th December 2015
Examination date – 14th February 2016

CDS II 2016 Exam

Starting date of CDS online registration – 16th July 2016
Last Date of Apply Online form – 12th August 2016
Examination date – 23rd October 2016

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE.

The educational qualification and age criteria for CDS exam is given below-

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?