25th January 2023, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose to become a deputy collector?

Name the subjects to be choosen in ias exam to become a deputy collector.

26th January 2023, 09:59 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose to become a deputy collector?

The eligibility to apply for Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you can choose any subject as your discipline for bachelor degree, and even select any subject as optional paper even other than subject of bachelor degree for Mains examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Age limit to apply for the examination is 21-32 years and relaxation for the reserved category. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th January 2023, 07:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that to be a Deputy Collector in any state, you are required to qualify State PSC examination of the concerned state and for any state PSC examination, the minimum educational requirement is a graduation degree from a recognized university.

So, as far as you are concerned about the selection of subject for appearing in the PSC examination, you can choose any subject as per your strength and interest as there is no requirement of a particular subject to be opted for appearing in the PSC examination also there is no undue advantage to any particular subject students syllabus or examination pattern wise.
26th January 2023, 09:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

One can become Deputy Collector after qualifying in all three stages of PSC examination conducted by the respective state.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you can choose subject of your own choice.

If you want to know about the optional subject for the Mains stages then, you can select the stream as per your choice.

I.A.S are recruited as a Deputy Collector during their trainee period only.
27th January 2023, 11:39 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should have bachelor's degree from a recognised board.
There is no particular subject required.
After completing graduation , one has to apply for UPSC exam .
The exam is conducted in 3 stages and one has to qualify all the three stages I.e prelims, mains and interview.
The age limit to appear for exam is 21 to 32 years.
One can keep in mind the syllabus of civil service exam and choose their subjects depending on that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?