13th November 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to apply for the exam so I want to know what is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become an IAS officer? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to apply for IAS exam?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any Physical criteria required?
  3. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  4. What is the minimum height required to become an IAS Officer? Are there any other Physical criteria required?
  5. What is the Physical criteria required for IAS post?
  6. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  7. What is the physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  8. What is the qualification criteria required to become an SP? What is the age and physical criteria required?
  9. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out? -- [New]
  10. How to become IAS officer? Minimum qualification required for IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  12. How can I become an IAS after completing BBA? What is the qualification criteria required for IAS exam?
  13. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  14. Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required to become an IAS officer? Which type of relaxation is present for students?
  15. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for IAS post? What is the age limit for the same?
  16. What is the physical criteria required to become a STF officer?
  17. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)
  18. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required for IPS exam? How can I apply for the exam?
14th November 2016, 09:18 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

The entrance examination conducted for Indian Administrative Services is called Civil Services examination. Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidate studying in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for Civil Services examination.

>>Age limit is 21-32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

If you meet these two criteria, you can apply for Civil Services examination. In terms of physical qualification, you need to be physically and mentally fit. Unlike India Police Services, there is no such minimum requirement.

Stages of this examination:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Main examination.

3. Personal interview.
14th November 2016, 01:58 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service. In order to become an IAS officer you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria:

> You must hold a bachelor's degree in any stream with 50% marks from a recognized college/university.

> The age bracket is between 21 to 30 years.

> For SC/ST candidates there is an age relaxation of 5 years and 3 years for OBC candidates.

> You should hold an Indian citizenship.

> Your height should be minimum 165 cms and 160 cms for women.

> Chest size must be 84 cms for men and 79 cms for women.

> You should be physically and mentally balanced.

> Normal eyesight is required and spectacles are allowed too.

With this eligibility criteria you have to appear for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC and if you score well then you will be called for physical test followed by personal interview which will decide your selection.
14th November 2016, 02:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IAS officer so I want to apply for the exam so I want to know what is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer? Please answer as soon as possible.
IAS exam doesn't require any physical criteria.

For details for IAS exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
14th November 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification to become an IAs officer and also tell me the physical criteria.
14th November 2016, 06:14 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Educational Qualification and Physical Standards Required to become an IAS Officer:

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an IAS officer is as follows.

>> You must have done minimum Graduation or a Bachelor Degree in order to be eligible.

>> Candidates who are appearing in Final year are also eligible to become an IAS officer.

>> Just a Graduation pass in any discipline is required to be eligible.

>> Minimum Height for Males - 165 cms

>> Minimum height for Females - 150 cms

>> Minimum Chest required for Males - 84 cms and Expansion 5 cms

>> Minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.
14th November 2016, 08:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you will have to appear and qualify Civil Services examination with high rankings.

* Civil Services examination is held once every year by UPSC in three stages which involves Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

* The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further age relaxation of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are applicable for OBS, SC/ST and PH candidates respectively.

c) You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about physical standards then it is not as hard as defense sector job as for the same even physically handicapped students are allowed to appear.

Further details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?