30th May 2021, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Whether commuted pension of high school Teacher is taxable?

I am retired high school teacher.My employer high school was government aided school. The government give s VETAN ANUDAN and we get pay .Now I am retired and I commuted pension.pension and commuted pension is sanctioned by AG BOMBAY MAHARASHTRA GOVERNMENT.Now I got commuted pension through treasury.My problem is as whether this commuted pension is taxable or not? There is confusion.As I am getting commuted pension from Maharashtra government one says it is not taxable. While some others say as you are not government servant some part of commuted pension is taxable. Some people say as you got pay from Maharashtra government you are indirectly government servant SO PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME THE COMMUTED PENSION IN MY CASE IS TAXABLE OR NOT.

31st May 2021, 09:36 AM
My true support

Default Re: Whether commuted pension of high school Teacher is taxable?

No, Commuted pension of High School Teacher is not Taxable you doesn't have to pay any amount as tax to the government.

For more details and updates go through the official website
https://incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/default.aspx.
31st May 2021, 07:52 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether commuted pension of high school Teacher is taxable?

If this pension is commuted or is a lump sum payment, it is not taxable. Uncommuted pension received by a family member is exempt to a certain extent. Rs. 15,000 or 1/3rd of the uncommuted pension received – whichever is less is exempt from tax.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?