5th March 2016, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

What are the steps to become a High School Teacher after BA?

I am doing BA in English Literature. I want to become a high school teacher in kerala after completing my bA course. So kindly tell me about the steps to be taken to become one? Please describe in detail.

Related Questions:
6th March 2016, 12:08 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps to become a High School Teacher after BA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing BA in English Literature. I want to become a high school teacher in kerala after completing my bA course. So kindly tell me about the steps to be taken to become one? Please describe in detail.
If you want to place in a private school then you have to study B.Ed first to work as highschool teacher. The advertisement will be given in the newspapers and in the websites for the teacher vacancies. You have to apply online or offline. They will call you for an interview, you have to appear and clear the interview. Your skills will be tested. The salary will be very good in some of the big private schools also. For government school teacher job, you have to follow the state government requirements for the teacher post. There will be Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for the selection.
6th March 2016, 01:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Only with graduation degree, you are not eligible for recruitment as a government teacher.

So, you need to pursue B.Ed degree after bachelor degree to appear for TET examination.

After pursuing course, you can appear for TET examination conducted by State or Central government. Candidate after qualifying in examination are eligible for recruitment as teacher in government schools.
6th March 2016, 09:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, just after completing the bachelor degree, you are not eligible for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

For recruitment in government schools you have to appear and qualify in TET examination. TET examination is conducted by state and central government. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree and must have B.Ed degree from any recognised university.

So, you have to pursue course to appear for examination. For final selection you also need to qualify in entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ktet.in
17th April 2021, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Is master degree is compulsory to become a high school government teacher?
5th September 2021, 06:01 PM
Singhskomal

To become a teacher ( TGT ) Trained graduate teacher.
Must clear you B.A. ( bachelor's in arts) with minimum 50%.
Than you are eligible for b.ed ( bachelor's in education) is a 2 year bachelor's degree compulsory to become a teacher. Clear it and than you are eligible to get teaching job in any private school.
To become a government teacher you need to clear STET,CTET exam.
14th September 2022, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i get government teacher job after b.s degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?