13th November 2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam from Madhya Pradesh if I study in Uttar Pradesh?

Respected Sir, I was born in Madhya Pradesh but I have studies in Uttar Pradesh so I want to know am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam from Madhya Pradesh if I study in Uttar Pradesh? If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for the exam.

Related Questions:
15th November 2016, 01:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam from Madhya Pradesh if I study in Uttar Pradesh?

The very first thing I would like to inform you that from last year there is no separate PMTs for each state rather all State PMTs and AIPMT has been merged to single national medical entrance examination known as NEET for admission in MBBS/BDS course in any medical college of India.

--> NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is held by CBSE once every year. Also the minimum qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% from a recognized board.

So as from eligibility criteria it is quite evident there is no question of statehood for appearing the same examination as all Indians satisfying other criteria are allowed to appear in the same examination.

For further details regarding the same examination you can log on the link www.aipmt.nic.in.
15th November 2016, 03:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CPMT exam from Madhya Pradesh if I study in Uttar Pradesh?

CPMT stands for Combined Pre Medical Test. This examination was conducted earlier by State government of Uttar Pradesh for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses. But now there will be only one entrance examination for admission of candidates in all medical colleges of India called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET examination:

>>Candidates who have studied 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum of 50% marks are eligible for NEET examination.

>>You can clear NEET examination to get admission in any medical college of India. 15% seats in all medical colleges are under All India quota seats on which candidates from any state can take admission.
15th November 2016, 05:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since, from 2016 all the State PMTs and AIPMT have been replaced by a single national level medical entrance examination i.e; NEET so there is no need of appearing in different PMTs separately as admission in any medical college will be based on NEET score only.

* Now for your information, NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and is held by CBSE once every year. It is completely based on the pattern of AIPMT and hence the eligibility criteria for the same is same as that was for AIPMT which are as following :-

a) You must be an Indian citizen.

b) Your age must lie in between 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination. Further age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates.

c) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with least 50% aggregate from a recognized board of examination. Here relaxation of 10% marks in qualifying examination is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For more queries and detailed information concerning to NEET you can visit the website www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?